• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need some insurance help!

Snowmobileaddict

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
So I just got my Apex this spring. Before that I have always owned sleds of much less value, etc.

I know that's not a reason not to carry sled insurance, but I never had it before. I want to get full coverage now and I asked my broker for numbers and holy crap if she didn't come back with $1100 per year. She also said that the insurer that we have for all our policies now (Erie Insurance) won't even insure my Apex because of the high displacement. I don't get that. I've have read posts on the board where people have indicated that Erie covers their sleds (Apex's).

So now I'm shoping on my own for just snowmobile (Apex) and clamshell 2-place trailer coverage. I don't wish to move all our other policies (HO auto life etc) to a different company.

Can anyone in WI give me some ideas on who to conatact for a reasonable rate.

Geez I thought that $200-350 a year was reasonable. I know I have read tons of posts on this board where people are paying something like this or even less.

Any help is appreciated!!!

:Rockon:

Liberty Mutual requires a vehicale.i use to have them.

State farm is by far the cheapest i have found even for just single coverage and nothing else.

my Nytro is like 350 per year its an 2010 and its from State Farm

When I picked up my sled last year, a friend of mine said "good luck getting insurance for that". Apparently a lot of places refuse to insure Apex's. I found one... If I wanted full coverage, it would have cost me $1,600 a year. I paid $850 for comprehensive!!

Thanks for the leads.

I do have a internet request in to State Farm already. Hopefully it will be reasonable.

Am-Fam isn't an option for us for one more year. We switched to Erie on our own for a lower rate. However, when we left them 2 years ago they told us, "...if you leave you can't come back for 3 years..." because of a homeowners claim we made when a icemaker line blew out of the back of our fridge and flooded our kitchen when we weren't home.

I also have a request in to Farmers Ins. I think that I read they don't require a home or auto policy to cover a sled.

$1100 a year is fricken mental.

Attachments

• Foto0140.jpg
    Foto0140.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Foto0139.jpg
    Foto0139.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
Carver said:
When I picked up my sled last year, a friend of mine said "good luck getting insurance for that". Apparently a lot of places refuse to insure Apex's. I found one... If I wanted full coverage, it would have cost me $1,600 a year. I paid $850 for comprehensive!!

Carver, not sure where in Canada you live but I also don't think it matters?

I am using Dejardin insurance for my Vector and they seem reasonable.
I got the info from freedomsledder as many posts have been put up about the same insurance question.

I was with Co-Operators, no issues insuring anything but I wanted to save some money.
I gave Dejardin a call and instantly saved $260 dollars on 2 sleds and 2 atv's.
I did find out last year when insuring my Vector that the jump from Comprehesive to Collision was HUGE! (about $400 dollars more!) but all other perils came in a decent price of around $300 dollars a year.

I am going to try a few other insurance companies this year just to see if they can beat Dejardin but I somewhat have my doubts?
http://www.desjardins.com/en/particulie ... ance-auto/

Try Metlife, I don't know what they would be just for sleds alone cause we have everything through them. I am also in Wisconsin and I only pay just under $400 a year for full coverage on 4 sleds, the ones I have listed.

Good luck

I just got a quote e-mailed to me from Foremost Insurance. I believe they are a broker and use Farmers Ins. for policies?

Anyway it was an annual premium of $304.00 for full coverage w/$250 deductible.

I think that is more in the ballpark.

I'm going to up the deductible to $500 and see what it will cost to add my trailer. They didn't have an option to add a trailer in there "e-mail a quote" online information form.

I'll also see where State Farm comes in and then select the lowest premium.

I also think I'm going to e-mail these quotes to my original broker. I don't know how she can solicit quotes over 2 days and tell me that the BEST she could find was $1100/year when I can go online and have a quote for 1/3 that in less than 12 hours.

What a racket.

Every trailer I've owned was usually around $11.00-14.00 a year full coverage for a 3000.00 vallue

i have my 06 apex insured through progressive. $137 a year for liability, full coverage was crazy for something i dont use all year round. And im young and i know age definitely affects insurance rates.

Back