• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ICE UNDER TUNNEL

I didnt use a template. If you want to make a template, just use some cardboard and a black marker. When i made mine i didnt use a template. I just put it in and took it out a few times. Just remember to drill the holes in the rear (for those push pins) over sized so that they will fit easilly through your pre drilled holes for alignment. You said you want professional.................... Who can actually see it other than you when the seat & heat shield is off?
As i said in my earlier post....... the size i used was 12"L x 13W" and that covered to just beyond/forward of the muffler.
My new snow shield is getting its trial run today. I'll let you guys know if and how it worked.
:pics: Someone tell me how to post photos!!!! LOL :pics:

I need pics!!! How hard is it to take the seat and heat shield off? To post pics just left click add an attachment below the window you are typing in, then browse (go to) the location the pic is at and click open. Last click submit. Watch for an error that may say your attachment is to large... if you get that you will have to resize the pic. If all this doesn't work just e-mail them to me at rhoag@new.rr.com and I will post them for you.

I will say this. The first time i took the heatshield off it was tricky. You have to take the heat shield and the muffler at the same time by sliding the muffler back after loosening the the clamp and removing the muffler mounts on the front of the muffler. its under the 3 rubber plubs in the heat shield under the seat.
Here are the photos of my ice shield. As you can see it has my OWN custom made exhaust on it as well.

after having to literally bang the tunnel with a hammer to get the ice off i have decided for next year something needs to be done. The ice is just to much it hinders the track and the weight is quite substantial also. My wifes phazer had the same problem until i blocked the tunnel off. Probally experiment doing something similair after the snow goes dont want to waste sleding weather lol

plate

Is it possible to just rivet a sheet of aluminum to the top of the tunnel protectors? Will this interfere with the track? It just seems as though it would be easier and could make it extend the entire length of the tunnel.

I made a 12.5 buy 20 in peace and riveted to the top of the tunnel protectors you have to slide it in place through the hole its a tight squeeze but it makes it ,rode a 150 miles in island pond, and 85%the snow and ice is gone and the seat did not get hot at all

Well the plate above the tunnel protectors seem to be working for everyone. So I made a plate out of 16 gauge steel and put it in. Then I sprayed the whole tunnel with Pam. We shall see if it helps tomorrow night, if I have time to ride.

Attachments

• snowmobiling 042.jpg
    snowmobiling 042.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 129
Here is another view. I did bend it up almost 90 degrees.

Attachments

• snowmobiling 044.jpg
    snowmobiling 044.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 129
I used some roofing aluminum to shape a full length block off plate - shaped the sides so I could attach with rivets, finished off with aluminum tape.

Tested and worked fantastic - no ice build up at all! Need to test some more to determine heat build up - temp was -10C and melted the strap off my new saddle bags. The bags were placed over the plastic heat shield (too far back) so restricted cooling - the plastic panels were extremely hot, may need to cut a few holes for cooling.

[/img]

Attachments

• Tunnel 3.JPG
    Tunnel 3.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Tunnel 4.JPG
    Tunnel 4.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 125
stewartb said:
I bought one of these. When I stop and after the sled has had a chance to cool down I whack the outside of the tunnel on rivet heads. The ice drops right out. It weighs 1 pound and is under 12" long. I stow the little hammer in the handlebar bag and off I go. Works great. That isn't such a burden if you ask me.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-57-53...ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1233545369&sr=1-2

Good stuff........I like it, and I got a good chuckle out of it.

Hammer.....1 pound
Built up ice.......20+ pounds

Back