• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm back and need help (warrior)

srx600

Extreme
I picked up a new warrior today. (i used to spend alot of time here)I've owned Yamaha's all my life and i'm 44, untill two years ago i decided to give Cat a try. now understand, i've had vmaxs, srx's, sxr, and a Viper Er and several before them. An 03 and 04 F7 later and several trips to the dealer and i've had enough. Trust me, the F7 is a blast to ride. We'll it's been an interesting year, actually two years. My dealer sells both Yami and Cat and they're great!!! After this last episode that was it so.. went to the dealer today and left with my new black "Warrior". I put a quick 10 miles on before i decided to let everyone know. I'm going to need some info to get caught up...Which i know is all here.

Please welcome me back!!!

Peter (srx600)

Let me know what you think off the warrior,Im looking to trade my warrior for a F-7.It will be interesting to hear what you have to say after the warrior has some miles on it.
What major problems did you have with the F-7?

One thing about this site it's just like the Olive garden, when your here your family. Welcome back, had a buddy that swore up and down his f-7 was the best sled he ever had last year and sold it to the first guy that would buy it. He too came to the conclusion that you can only sit on them when they spend all their time at the dealer.

03 f7

smart valves shut - sled won;t start
Starter rope broke
suspension bolt came loose
decals blew off
overheated several times
i know there was more i've forgotten

04f7

3 trips to dealer and two smart valves later..i'm done

SRX600 Welcome I am pretty much a newbie but thought I would say hi. It doesnt sound like you had any real major problems with the cat. To bad about the valves cause the others I might have overlooked owning sled. When was it overheating hard packed trial etc. I love the new Yami I got mine used 611 miles I put 400 on so far this year not alot of snow around here yet.

the problem is i work a ton of hours and only get limited time to ride. I need reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!One trip to the dealer is too many.........I had taken vacation day today and yesterday. Missed riding both days because of the smart valves.....

SRX600. Where in upstate NY do you live? If you have the time, come to out New York State TY ride. It will be Jan. 28 & 29. We will be leaving from the Montague Inn parking lot (on Tug Hill) both days about 9:30 AM. Going to do about a 150 mile trip both days, returning to Montague Inn each evening. Should be fun and a good way to meet some fellow TY members. I have a Black Warrior myself. Have had Polaris for the last 20 years. Usually put on about 4,000 miles each year, and have never had one of my Polaris snowmobiles back to a dealer. I hope I have the same luck with this Warrior.

I'm a bit new myself ,not to Yamaha though . I'll tell you this about the Warrior . I've got 400 miles on mine and yet to experience any problems, just total fun . I rode 70 miles today on Tug hill ,every bit a blast ! Sips gas too ! The machine is seroius precision . Like everything on earth, it has some short comings - you'll see , but don't sweat it , the benefits will keep you happy . Accept the machine for what it is : in a class by itself .

I live in Oneida NY...Not that far from Tug Hill, infact i ride there often. I have a trip planned for those dates. I'll be in Old Forge with a bunch of friends...It's an annual event for us, we've been doing it for over 20 years. I always spend the Super Bowl in Old Forge....Otherwise i would love to..............I'll be riding locally tomorrow putting some miles on the Warrior. My wife and two boys all ride and i promised we would go!!!

Peter

BIG BLACK WARRIOR,

most of my miles are on the Penn Mtn. trail system. If we have low snow amounts in Oneida i'll unload at the nice n easy in Westernville. Do you know Bill Miller or Bill Lux????...........

SRX600, I live right on the Penn Mt. trail system. About 4 miles north of the Nice and Easy, on the trail hading over towards West Branch. If you ever want to hook up on a Thursday or Friday and ride let me know. I have those two days off and the trails are always alot nicer on those days. Maybe I'll see you on the trails tomorrow. I have a Black Warrior and will be riding with a friend who has a 2003 silver 700 Polaris Classis. Take care, BIG BLACK WARRIOR. I do not know the two guys you mentioned.

SRX600, I own a Black Warrior and an 03 RX1 so I would like to offer some tips.
Pull limter straps up they are set way too long from the factory.
Adjust them so when you lift the sled by the back bar the rear wheels come off the ground about an inch then the front of the skid comes off as you are lifting.

Install a set of Heavy Hitters to dial in the RPM.
1/4 and 3/4 allen in heel, 7/16 bolt and thick washer in middle, 3/8 steel with thin washer in tip, should go to `10,100 and climb to 10,500

I installed Ski Doo Precision skis on both my RX models and think they are the best ski availible.
This widens effective front stance by 5 inches because the carbides are on the outside edges not in the center of the ski.

That's it! that is all you should have to do and you will be very happy and reliable.

Happy Trails.

Ted Jannetty...I put 150 miles on the new Warrior so far. I adjusted the transfer rod one "ring" for more transfer and 2 clicks counter clockwise on the " Clicker Shock" and the Warrior handled the bumps much better. I would like to adjust the Limiter starp this week. Comparing it to my F7...Much better built!!!!!! The F7 handled the JUNK much better but i really like the motor and the fit and finish on this sled. Yamaha has done a fine job on this one. I don't miss the F7 untill the trails became nothing but WOOPS!! I don't like the push but i didn't like it on the F7 either..a set of "powder Pro's" took care of that. I'll start with some better carbide runners and go from there. I'm learniing a whole lot as i put more miles on the Warrior........If the trails were smoth all the time , this warrior is the ticket...i'm sure with some tuning this Warrior will be the ticket.....

Peter

Back