• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Innovate XD-16

muskrat

Pro
Replacing my Autometer Disco gauge with an XD-16. Can I ground everything to the battery (that's how the Autometer was set up,) or do I need to use the frame. Thanks for the help, I just don't want to fry this gauge.

Muskrat

Hey,
I have an XD-16 on my Phazer. According the the set up guide, they want all grounds near each other, but not on the same spot. It will create "noise". The previous owner installed the guage and all grounds go to the voltage regulator. Good luck! Frank.

Do not ground it on the battery. Ground it on the frame, like said they are very spesific on how the different wireing are grounded. Download the install instrucitons from Innovate, it's all in there.

TRUTH - thanks for helping out :)

Help

Thanks everone. I got something screwed up for sure. I'll download that manual. I ground the blue to a different spot but the gauge is at the same spot as my other gauges. That must be causing the interference.

Will it hurt it to drive it that way?
Muskrat

Maybe not but you cannot trust the readings and then the XD-16 is of no use to you. Wire it exactly as the manual says to have it work correctly.

Back