• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Input on SW L-TX-DX

rebmo

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha RTX-DX blk
2015 Arctic Cat XF 9000 Green (Turbo)
I'm looking for some input from anyone that has some ride time on the Sidewinder L-TX-DX? How is the shock package? I like the taller windshield and a plusher ride with something left for the twisties. I run U.P. trails mainly all day runs and don't want a stiff suspension. I currently have a 15 R-TX-DX that I'll be keeping for my son to ride and that even was very stiff in the rear after dialing it in as best I could for handling. Cannondale has sold me a 2016 R-TX rear skid shock and the rear really moves now compared to hardly at all before the new shock was swapped in. I need some time on the trails now to see how the ride is improved but it has to be much better now just from how it moves.

I see some 2017 SWs out there for decent prices and would like to go with the L-TX-DX for my trail riding style performance/comfort. It has been recommended on another forum that I only go with the QS3 shocks that the DX & SE aren't worth it. I appreciate the input from these QS3 folks but would like some input from the Sidewinder L-TX-DX folks on how they like the ride & handling.

Plus, I can't spring check to get the L-TX-LEs with QS3rs which are so hard to find and too pricy for me right now. There's a pretty good inventory out there of the L-TX-DXs out there right now at clearance prices.

Thanks!

I'm looking for some input from anyone that has some ride time on the Sidewinder L-TX-DX? How is the shock package? I like the taller windshield and a plusher ride with something left for the twisties. I run U.P. trails mainly all day runs and don't want a stiff suspension. I currently have a 15 R-TX-DX that I'll be keeping for my son to ride and that even was very stiff in the rear after dialing it in as best I could for handling. Cannondale has sold me a 2016 R-TX rear skid shock and the rear really moves now compared to hardly at all before the new shock was swapped in. I need some time on the trails now to see how the ride is improved but it has to be much better now just from how it moves.

I see some 2017 SWs out there for decent prices and would like to go with the L-TX-DX for my trail riding style performance/comfort. It has been recommended on another forum that I only go with the QS3 shocks that the DX & SE aren't worth it. I appreciate the input from these QS3 folks but would like some input from the Sidewinder L-TX-DX folks on how they like the ride & handling.

Plus, I can't spring check to get the L-TX-LEs with QS3rs which are so hard to find and too pricy for me right now. There's a pretty good inventory out there of the L-TX-DXs out there right now at clearance prices.

Thanks!
I have a 2017 ltx-dx and have had the rearmost shock break and suspension damage /destroyed track. Warranty covered the repair but I lost most of last winter. I am considering upgrading to elka shocks later. Don't want to scare anyone but this is my experience. Otherwise it's a great mac

I run a 17 ltx dx , I'm mostly trail riding but trails can be ruff and we ride pretty hard.

I have no complaints about the suspension, other then the lack of adjustment on the fly. This year I found a set of qs3 shocks for the front.

I put 5300 miles on it last year and the suspension held up fine. You will be happy with the sled for sure.

Thanks, I understand things can happen. I recall reading your thread. Did you get a chance to ride once the repairs were done? If so how was the ride and handling?

Thanks, I understand things can happen. I recall reading your thread. Did you get a chance to ride once the repairs were done? If so how was the ride and handling?
I haven't been out since the repair. Only put 343 miles on it. Put the Thunder Products clutch parts and curve skis. Looking forward to snow so I can set up the sled. It was down for 5 wks waiting for parts.

OK Thanks, hope it works out well when we get some snow this year.

Here you go, 19:00 min. in you'll get your answer. You'll want a LE model if you're getting a winder. Don't cheap out not getting the good shocks on a Winder. The ride on a DX is not the best.

In that video they talk about the STX-DX, not the LTX-DX. What's the difference between the two??

In that video they talk about the STX-DX, not the LTX-DX. What's the difference between the two??

Is the LTX-DX a 137" Track, and the STX-DX a 141" track? Is that the difference?

Can the taller windshield from a DX be installed on the LE using stock shield holes?

Can the taller windshield from a DX be installed on the LE using stock shield holes?
Yes it fits, a buddy did it on his ltx-se

I will have to say when I pull the trigger I want the LTX-DX just for the colors,SAME COLORS AS MY OLD 1984 VMAX,LOVE IT!!

Those that have a LE, can you dial in a plush ride? What I don't want is a stiff, performance only ride. Performance is secondary to comfortable for 200 mile days. Dialing in performance once in a while would be nice.
I don't want to get pounded all day long when the trails are rough on a performance only sled.

The LE can be set plush or stiff. I think it's the best riding machine on the market myself. I wouldn't own a rough riding machine either.

The difference is you can alter the LE's ride. You are stuck with the dampening on a DX. I'd try to ride both, if the DX suits you, then buy it. I had a LXR Cat that I hated the ride on that thing and kicked it down the road at just 800 miles. That thing was a poor ride and choice for me. I think the DX is the same as a LXR Cat, but maybe the new ones are better.

One ride on my friends out of the crate LE and I knew I'd have to have one, so one week later I had one for myself.

I run my QS3R's on soft most all the time. When it gets real rough you can crank them up easily. These shocks are well worth the money.

Last edited:

Back