• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Input on SW L-TX-DX

Mike knows what he is talking about he has researched and experienced a lot when it come's to ride comfort and adjustability

My dealer nearby has a 2018 50th Anniv L-TX-LE for an excellent price. I bought my R-TX-DX from them and will be talking with them this week on the 50th. I would add the DX windscreen and it comes with the heated seat & RCA Helmet plug. I hope to make a decision sometime next weekend.

My dealer nearby has a 2018 50th Anniv L-TX-LE for an excellent price. I bought my R-TX-DX from them and will be talking with them this week on the 50th. I would add the DX windscreen and it comes with the heated seat & RCA Helmet plug. I hope to make a decision sometime next weekend.

Beauty of a machine. IMO its the best machine made. I think you will be very happy with it. Make sure the clamps are on the hoses properly and tight, and break it in hard. You will have one fast, fun machine and will love those shocks and ride on the LE!

Beauty of a machine. IMO its the best machine made. I think you will be very happy with it. Make sure the clamps are on the hoses properly and tight, and break it in hard. You will have one fast, fun machine and will love those shocks and ride on the LE!
True! The QS3s make the sled. In 10 seconds, you can flip the knobs and the sled is a completely different trail sled. I found myself changing them easily many times as trail conditions changed. Usually selected between soft and medium. Just a fantastic package that's well worth the premium price!

Hi I'm new to the sidewinder forum. My last snowmobile was a 15 Yamaha Apex standard. I really Like the color combo on the Sidewinder LTX-DX, but it sounds like the shock package is horrible. I can't find a LE reasonable priced. What would be the next best sidewinder. Should I go with the 129 inch track or 137 inch. Thanks for your input.

Hi I'm new to the sidewinder forum. My last snowmobile was a 15 Yamaha Apex standard. I really Like the color combo on the Sidewinder LTX-DX, but it sounds like the shock package is horrible. I can't find a LE reasonable priced. What would be the next best sidewinder. Should I go with the 129 inch track or 137 inch. Thanks for your input.
I really like my ltx dx. the suspension is really plush and the big windshield keeps you warm. This season I did put a set of qs3 shocks on the front, but the stockers served me fine for 5300 miles last year. I like the 137 inch skid . this is my second 137 and I find its pretty good in deeper snow and it seems to bridge the bumps a lot better then the short tracks.

I would like a bit more paddle then the 1.25 if I could change anything.

I really like my ltx dx. the suspension is really plush and the big windshield keeps you warm. This season I did put a set of qs3 shocks on the front, but the stockers served me fine for 5300 miles last year. I like the 137 inch skid . this is my second 137 and I find its pretty good in deeper snow and it seems to bridge the bumps a lot better then the short tracks.

I would like a bit more paddle then the 1.25 if I could change anything.
Just what I wanted to hear Joe. I am purchasing a LTX DX tomorrow and don't want to spend a ton on it the first year. What kind of a rider are you and weight? Did you clutch, tune or stud it?

I have a 2017 zr9k LXR and made a huge mistake in buying that model same as a DX. Shocks are way too soft, on the first ride I bottomed out on everything even after turning torsion and center springs up to max. I go about 215 without gear. I wish I would have gone sno pro or limited. If I had it to do over I'd by a limited (cat) or the LE for the adjustable shocks. After the first ride I sent my rear shocks to hygear for a revalve and a dual rate spring, made a night and day difference. If you like an extremely soft sled get an lxr or dx.

Just what I wanted to hear Joe. I am purchasing a LTX DX tomorrow and don't want to spend a ton on it the first year. What kind of a rider are you and weight? Did you clutch, tune or stud it?
I would say I am a fast trail rider sometimes we ride the ruff stuff pretty agressive.
I'm 215 lbs +beer weight. I ran the springs on the stiffest settings and the machine handled very well.

I did not clutch it last year. This year I'm experimenting with some dalton springs and helix combinations.

I know on the DX Vipers they ditched the standard 1.5 rear shock and put the 2.0 on Rebmo. I assume they did same for Winders. The 2.0 is what I sold you Rebmo. I have a VERY good valving package for those. Every shock can be and has at one time or another come from factory defective in some way. Even QS3’s. It happens. Will that 2.0 ever have the adjustment and range of ability a qs3r does? No. But with proper valving they do work very well and don’t need to be adjusted over a huge range. Even Factory has gotten much closer in valving since 16. Rebmo if Winder is same length swap shock with your sons if needed.

I would say I am a fast trail rider sometimes we ride the ruff stuff pretty agressive.
I'm 215 lbs +beer weight. I ran the springs on the stiffest settings and the machine handled very well.

I did not clutch it last year. This year I'm experimenting with some dalton springs and helix combinations.
I am 210 and wick it up on a rough trail once in a while. I am 55 now and am not nearly as crazy as I use to be. I figure it will be fine for a while till I figure out what it might need if anything. How was your top speed stock? Any other adjustments to the front, middle shocks or the limiters?

I'm looking for some input from anyone that has some ride time on the Sidewinder L-TX-DX? How is the shock package? I like the taller windshield and a plusher ride with something left for the twisties. I run U.P. trails mainly all day runs and don't want a stiff suspension. I currently have a 15 R-TX-DX that I'll be keeping for my son to ride and that even was very stiff in the rear after dialing it in as best I could for handling. Cannondale has sold me a 2016 R-TX rear skid shock and the rear really moves now compared to hardly at all before the new shock was swapped in. I need some time on the trails now to see how the ride is improved but it has to be much better now just from how it moves.

I see some 2017 SWs out there for decent prices and would like to go with the L-TX-DX for my trail riding style performance/comfort. It has been recommended on another forum that I only go with the QS3 shocks that the DX & SE aren't worth it. I appreciate the input from these QS3 folks but would like some input from the Sidewinder L-TX-DX folks on how they like the ride & handling.

Plus, I can't spring check to get the L-TX-LEs with QS3rs which are so hard to find and too pricy for me right now. There's a pretty good inventory out there of the L-TX-DXs out there right now at clearance prices.

Thanks!
I ended up getting a great deal on a 2017 ltx dx sidewinder in the Black with red, upgraded the shocks to elka stage 5’s all around and threw a red viper low windscreen on it. I now have the stock taller dx windscreen for colder days and a great shock package with the color scheme I wanted. Real nice machine...you are going to love it!

It also
I ended up getting a great deal on a 2017 ltx dx sidewinder in the Black with red, upgraded the shocks to elka stage 5’s all around and threw a red viper low windscreen on it. I now have the stock taller dx windscreen for colder days, heated seat and a great shock package with the color scheme I wanted. Real nice machine...you are going to love it!

Back