• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Status Update for Sidewinder: Luggage Bags, LE Goggle Bags and Rear Skid

2 laps the le vipers had exactly the same rr skid as the XC cat sleds. This year I don't know. I stand by my bet that this continues in Sidewinder 129 le.

Just remember this guys.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for the info Mr. Sled. Can you confirm whether the info you tabled is for both USA and Canada plse?

My Canadian dealer showed me a copy of the same letter that he had received. He is embarrassed about the whole situation!! I'm not far from Huntsville ON.

Here 2 laps. 2015 YAMAHA RTX LE 129 sure looks like same RR skid in XC cats I have been working on for years. NOT in any Sidewinders.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Twice in 3 years years of bait and switch in the suspension then hiding behind "specs subject to change" The 2016 connecting rod deal was probably worse yet for many. Yamaha sales and marketing is nothing but a sham. I won't get fooled again...

The only way that Yamaha will ever take notice is if the buyers tell the dealers to stuff it and ask for their deposit back.

Last edited:
Two successive years of bait and switch in the suspension then hiding behind "specs subject to change" Yamaha sales and marketing is nothing but a sham. I won't get fooled again...
Was wondering what you were thinking TD. Can you imagine the whole skid! I can't even find a used RR skid. This cannot be fixed cheaply only way would be to buy it in pieces. Start with the shafts.

If Chris Reid knew all this in April so did Yamaha. But they chose to lead consumers with false advertising right from the start till after sled ship dates... BS. I am sure they knew even before the spring power surge that they had no plans in offering anything beefed up... How could it have been subject to change when it was never going to happen right from the start......

Maybe for the 50th they will advertise auto pilot and 10" tv screens to watch while the sleds chauffeur you around. Come Oct. 2017 Sorry no tv and no auto pilot it was subject to change. :crap:

Wow Hated hearing that . I spring ordered for the beefier skid as well. My first yamaha I order and get screwed over

what if cat refused to sell them the rr....so they'd have the exclusive on that skid?
That's my guess too SJ. If I were Yamaha my response to that kind of crap would be simple. I would buy cat and fire whoever made that decision. But I am not Yamaha so I did the only logical thing. I bought a Cat RR! Got my skid.

Back