• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Status Update for Sidewinder: Luggage Bags, LE Goggle Bags and Rear Skid

what if cat refused to sell them the rr....so they'd have the exclusive on that skid?

Then communication to the BUYER/CUSTOMER is NEEDED.

Not being a Sidewinder buyer it is less painful(I have been lurking on this one), BUT I sure am losing faith in the "Premier" brand of sleds.

They sure are not reading the 'times' - I mean look at the election can't businesses see the 'working white male'- truly the snowmobile demographic has had ENOUGH deceitful BS and won't take it any longer..

OOPS sorry my anger is showing. Poo and Doo are going to get another long hard look in the future.

That's my guess too SJ. If I were Yamaha my response to that kind of crap would be simple. I would buy cat and fire whoever made that decision. But I am not Yamaha so I did the only logical thing. I bought a Cat RR! Got my skid.

137 Cat RR Skid is the same as the 137 Yami LTX LE Skid. Rails and arms are the same.

137 Cat RR Skid is the same as the 137 Yami LTX LE Skid. Rails and arms are the same.
I bought a 13 800 RR and if I bought new it would be a 17 600xc cat. Both have full blown RR skid no trihub even. Don't start please I know my FACTS.Every Yamaha le buyer that was expecting rr skid got ripped off plain and simple and the weak skid that is in there WILL fail if someone like me rides it guaranteed. Stop defending Yamaha and stand by your customers who royally got the shaft.

I bought a 13 800 RR and if I bought new it would be a 17 600xc cat. Both have full blown RR skid no trihub even. Don't start please I know my FACTS.Every Yamaha le buyer that was expecting rr skid got ripped off plain and simple and the weak skid that is in there WILL fail if someone like me rides it guaranteed. Stop defending Yamaha and stand by your customers who royally got the shaft.

Just thought you purchased a 17 RR and thought you got the heavy duty Skid.

You have no idea how many emails I sent out to everyone from the bottom to the top at Yamaha regarding this Skid Issue. Had a couple customers cancel after we were up front with them about not getting what they ordered. Trust me not exactly happy what Happened on these LE Sleds. I ordered a LE for myself due to the Heavy skid and being that did not happen If it breaks I will be all over Yamaha.
Same goes for my customers if theirs breaks as well.

Just thought you purchased a 17 RR and thought you got the heavy duty Skid.

You have no idea how many emails I sent out to everyone from the bottom to the top at Yamaha regarding this Skid Issue. Had a couple customers cancel after we were up front with them about not getting what they ordered. Trust me not exactly happy what Happened on these LE Sleds. I ordered a LE for myself due to the Heavy skid and being that did not happen If it breaks I will be all over Yamaha.
Same goes for my customers if theirs breaks as well.
Thank you for sticking up for your customers. Just ticks me off that most dealers don't and try to justify the ripoff that both Cat and Yamaha did to the Spring buyers. Seems like the Cat crowd is used to it and don't feel ripped off but us Yamaha guys are not used to getting less than paid for. Now the Viper flash and rod issues. I bleed Blue but only so much.

Don't even feel like putting a mile on it. I didn't know about the bullshit lie about the skid. They shouldn't be able to get away with that
I feel if you honestly did not know when it was delivered and dealer never said anything IF you are the type who looks for bumps and jumps to go faster through it should be returned to dealer with a full refund. If you knew and still took it home then that's end of story. You should reinforce all you can and know the weak points on the skid.

That was the last year that a REAL race skid came in an RR. It also had the worst shock valving in history...have fun!

That was the last year that a REAL race skid came in an RR. It also had the worst shock valving in history...have fun!
That was the easy part 2laps. She rides awesome now. Even added Hi/Lo to fronts. Getting the cracked reeds,chewed up driveshaft from bearing that is way too sloppy on shaft and skidplate install were "fun" Do see that this chassis was designed for 2 stroke though. Was a 10min full chaincase inspection. Nothing in there! Cant really see the motor from side except for pipe. Just need more snow now but ditches have been a blast!

Viper saddle bag fits perfect. Just a few drilled rivets and you r good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 158
Viper saddle bag fits perfect. Just a few drilled rivets and you r good to go.

Looks good. I ordered one in mid nov and was told it's on back order until Jan 4th. Hopefully it comes in this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it a viper one? All you need to do is drill out one rivet per side to put the little pins in.
Looks good. I ordered one in mid nov and was told it's on back order until Jan 4th. Hopefully it comes in this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back