• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed the new skis on the XTX's

yamahaguy

Ride SAFE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha MTX LE with MPI
Got the new Slydog skis installed on the XTX's. I loving how well the colors match, cant wait to get these up in the hills and play in the deep stuff. Ok, BRING the snow, we are ready turbo or not here we come!

20141221_085234.jpg
20141221_085133.jpg

Man those are a beautiful match!!!

Hope you like them. Here on the North shore of Superior we so rarely get to experience the DEEP that I can't justify the better floating ski as the tuners with aggressive carbides work well on the groomed where I spend >90% of my time.

Was you able to use the original rubber boot or did you have to get the slydog mounting kit?

Yes and no. The rubber from the turner ski can be reused and fits great ,thats the XTX SE. But I had to use the mounting kits new rubber on the XTX LE because the oem rubber is to thick on those MTX skis. So if you have turners don't order the mount kit. If you have MTX skis you're gonna need the kit.

Last edited:
After some mixed reviews, added the powder pros to my mtx and love the trail maners. Let's see if they live up to the hype.
Had 7" powder hounds on my rmk and loved the powder with them, but seemed to push a bit in corners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 242
no issues with the registration stickers there?

We ride in the back country and never see other sleds or even the DNR or sheriff. I cant see why they would have a issue with the location, the sticker directions say place sticker on the Lower right and left of the snowmobile toward the front and so that's I did. :)

Last edited:
I got my slydog 7 inch powder hounds,they dont seem to fit with the stock hardware .
Just wondering did You do any modifications?the old bushings wont fit the new skis.
Some info on how you did the install would be awesome,iam sure iam probley missing something real easy.
Thanks

Last edited:
I got that,the thread starter said he installed his without a mounting kit
Thanks for the link i got them ordered asap.
Thanks reed

Back