• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intake Boot Spacer Modification for Boost Leak

as i said i took all appart and smeared each boot with urathane and clamped. noo leaks and replaced all vac lines with thick silicone hight temp. and better clamps than Vibrant

Attachments

• sled2.jpg
    sled2.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 68
  • exch.jpg
    exch.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 65
  • exch1.jpg
    exch1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 69
  • turbb.jpg
    turbb.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 68

So I've done this on my 2018 in the past and now starting on my '23 SRX...
I loosened the bolt by the spline end of ps unit and removed the top collar bolts, but it doesn't seem to budge beyond an eighth of an inch...
Before I try to force thing a little, are there any tips on taking the steering post out? Does the bottom bolt have to be removed completely?

Thanks!!

So I've done this on my 2018 in the past and now starting on my '23 SRX...
I loosened the bolt by the spline end of ps unit and removed the top collar bolts, but it doesn't seem to budge beyond an eighth of an inch...
Before I try to force thing a little, are there any tips on taking the steering post out? Does the bottom bolt have to be removed completely?

Thanks!!
I am not sure, but I would try it. I took my lower shaft out.
I think the EPS models are easier to complete this mod vs. the non-EPS.

Way easier doing this mod with power steering compared to non power, removed the lower bolt and spread the slot open a bit with chissel and shaft slid right out.

Anyone know what size screw those are for the clamps by chance? #10 or #12

Back