• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intake Boot Spacer Modification for Boost Leak

Why not use normal hoose clamps istead of the yamaha stock clamps on the rubber boots? I dont see any problem with that if you cut away the rubber guide for the stock clamp? I pull 30 psi on my sled on stock tension so maybe I should fix that...
What turbo are you running at 30 psi?

Why not use normal hoose clamps istead of the yamaha stock clamps on the rubber boots? I dont see any problem with that if you cut away the rubber guide for the stock clamp? I pull 30 psi on my sled on stock tension so maybe I should fix that...

Because you dont want to over tighten them compressing the rubber too much and distort it.

Why not just grind the spacer in half and use the thin factory clamps that fit as designed and are already in place? I don't see the need to completely reinvent the wheel, but to each their own.

Here’s some pics of the TB both ends & pics of the intake flanges on the motor!

I trimmed the spacers as mentioned on this post! I wouldn’t screw with stock rubbers. Nice tight set up stock!

4306023F-621F-452B-943A-77FF8A2DAAC7.jpeg
8F5F7414-96CC-48BD-8411-EE1CBD0E2C60.jpeg
048460DA-BF83-449B-8EEE-AC518CE98E65.jpeg
CF9CE233-3339-46F5-AE4C-A63EF6E8F8ED.jpeg

I love those old S-K tool sets that came in those green boxes.
they were a great alternative to the Snap-On/ Mac/ Matco tools trucks that came by.
I still have a few.

I love those old S-K tool sets that came in those green boxes.
they were a great alternative to the Snap-On/ Mac/ Matco tools trucks that came by.
I still have a few.
Yes this set stays together while my other 1/4” drive sets are always coming off their socket sticks!

Ditto on the SK tools. I have some that have been in my family since before WW2. They still work just fine.

have some sk at home but more at work. loved their fine tooth ratchets before they re started from bankruptcy.

stick with the oe style clamp as it will cause less issues.

soo im going to do new boots and clamps now as i did notice a small bit of bubbling at inner boot with 20 psi at end of last season and since im taking all my steering off to install brass bushing kit soo should make this job easier..., has anyone coated the inside of boot with a smear of urethane (like silicone BUT better) soo that after clamping will dry and seal completly? thoughts? or even that Permatex copper gasket tak spray which is chemical impervient.

soo im going to do new boots and clamps now as i did notice a small bit of bubbling at inner boot with 20 psi at end of last season and since im taking all my steering off to install brass bushing kit soo should make this job easier..., has anyone coated the inside of boot with a smear of urethane (like silicone BUT better) soo that after clamping will dry and seal completly? thoughts? or even that Permatex copper gasket tak spray which is chemical impervient.
I thought that some used hair spray on some charge tubes to keep them coming off. I know I have used hair spray when installing motorcycle grips

I will be tackling this tomorrow. I did a boost leak test this afternoon and these boots are leaking badly.

Finished this project today. Reassembly was a PITA.

It holds pressure well now. My hose on top of the BOV was leaking as well.

My first season with a tune my sled would run 16.8psi consistently. Last season it ran 16.1 most of the season. We will see if this remedies the issue.

My first season with a tune my sled would run 16.8psi consistently. Last season it ran 16.1 most of the season. We will see if this remedies the issue.
Yes definitely a PITA job but well worth it..

With this baby of a turbo, any boost leaks anywhere can really pull performance down. If system is sealed up good, they will hold 30+ psi of boost. I've seen 31 psi when I have my waste gate locked. LOL

Back