• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle body boost leaks

Great.... something else I'll have to do this week while the lakes continue to strengthen. I really want to go out and give her a go.... but I also dont enjoy swimming without taking a hot sauna first this time of year.....

Way easier! IMO
Got my TBs off and found this small rubber gasket laying in my left throttle body.

I looks like a match for the injector but none have it.

This rail has been changed out by dealer years ago, but does it look familiar to any of you who have tackled this job?

Attachments

• 64C9649C-D976-4652-867E-7B2A63BB5425.jpeg
    64C9649C-D976-4652-867E-7B2A63BB5425.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 275
Got my TBs off and found this small rubber gasket laying in my left throttle body.

I looks like a match for the injector but none have it.

This rail has been changed out by dealer years ago, but does it look familiar to any of you who have tackled this job?
Hard to see in pic but maybe one of those insulating washers for the bolts that hold fuel rail on?

Hard to see in pic but maybe one of those insulating washers for the bolts that hold fuel rail on?
I did take pics first so I shall look, but if those bolts you mention are supposed to have those insulated washer, it only had one! Much better then belonging on the injectors!

Thanks.

I did take pics first so I shall look, but if those bolts you mention are supposed to have those insulated washer, it only had one! Much better then belonging on the injectors!

Thanks.
Both should have insulated washers under screw head on top of injector rail.

Both should have insulated washers under screw head on top of injector rail.
That is very nice to hear!
I shall get another and add them to the bolt heads!
Thank again Turboflash! Much appreciated for sure!!!

That is very nice to hear!
I shall get another and add them to the bolt heads!
Thank again Turboflash! Much appreciated for sure!!!
Here’s a pic prior to taking the rail off!
The left may have one on it but the right does not! Just hard to see as the pic gets blurry once zoomed in!

Attachments

• 6B3753BF-039E-425D-A93E-DC27F0CF70AC.jpeg
    6B3753BF-039E-425D-A93E-DC27F0CF70AC.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 244
Can anyone tell me what the ID. and OD. of the factory clamp spacer is? I would like to make some new ones up before I start to change them out. From what I've seen on here, .125 to .170 is the desired length. Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the ID. and OD. of the factory clamp spacer is? I would like to make some new ones up before I start to change them out. From what I've seen on here, .125 to .170 is the desired length. Thanks
Did not measure the I.D. Or O.D. Of those .250” spacers during the process of minimizing their length to .170”, but I did see where a vendor on TY sells the .170” version ready for you to install! If I were to do that again, that’s what I would try!

Did not measure the I.D. Or O.D. Of those .250” spacers during the process of minimizing their length to .170”, but I did see where a vendor on TY sells the .170” version ready for you to install! If I were to do that again, that’s what I would try!
I will check into that. These would be easy for me to make at work on a lathe if I had the specs.

Can you say which vendor?

Back