• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

intercooler gap?

obile

Pro
just finished install and the gap between the ic and the hood is a lot. what are people doing to seal up the gap? ive seen the stock airbox lid used and wondering if this allows enough air to i/c ? do people just leave it open ? i ride deep pow 90% of the time and have snow over the hood constantly, this gap seems that it would allow the clutches to get snow as well as just fillin up the engine compatment. does anyone just have foam glued to the hood to seal against the i/c? does the airbox lid mod allow enough airflow to keep the ic cool need some advice please

obile said:
just finished install and the gap between the ic and the hood is a lot. what are people doing to seal up the gap? ive seen the stock airbox lid used and wondering if this allows enough air to i/c ? do people just leave it open ? i ride deep pow 90% of the time and have snow over the hood constantly, this gap seems that it would allow the clutches to get snow as well as just fillin up the engine compatment. does anyone just have foam glued to the hood to seal against the i/c? does the airbox lid mod allow enough airflow to keep the ic cool need some advice please

We make a hood scoop that covers the opening left by the removal of the factory airbox. The last couple of pages of this thread show pics of one installed...

nothing wrong with snow on the innercooler and motor just keeps everything cooler, I don,t run a hood at all on my rx1, snow rolling over the motor all day, clutches are sealed up good enough that I have never gotten snow in them yet in two years.more cooling is good.

that hood scoop is way cool but im afraid to ask how much they cost. ive blown a gob of money on this thing now i need some redneck engeneering for the rest of the little things. i need to save $$ for riding. snows a coming. anyone else?

I just used a large porus piece of foam no one knows there is even an IC in there when they look at first glance.

Attachments

• Resize of Rotation of Elk Lake 06 085.jpg
    Resize of Rotation of Elk Lake 06 085.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 77

Back