• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is there a better shock wrench option out there?

Double A

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Apex
My shock wrench is beat up and stripping my shock adjusters. Is there a better quality one out there. The Yamaha one sucks!! One thing I noticed is the tool is not as wide as the adjuster. Do they make a shock adjuster wrench that is a better quality one that is wider so it does not strip out the shock adjuster?

I found it best to grind a better 90 degree angle into the tip for better bite into the slots

If referring to front shocks, I use a blunt end chisel (some use a screwdriver) and hammer to loosen and tighten them, the shock tool is pretty much useless. Same idea as the transfer rod adjustment, set the end of the tool in the bottom corner of the slot and give it a smack or two with a hammer.
This works better than brute force because they lock together to tight with that amount of surface contact area. No more busted knuckles and excessive cussing.

in the sled i carry an olins shock wrench that work well. at home in the garage, i have an old brp or motorcycle one that was my grandfathers from the 70's. i always loosen them with a hammer and screwdriver 1st.

My shock wrench is beat up and stripping my shock adjusters. Is there a better quality one out there. The Yamaha one sucks!! One thing I noticed is the tool is not as wide as the adjuster. Do they make a shock adjuster wrench that is a better quality one that is wider so it does not strip out the shock adjuster?
I don’t adjust my front shocks at all but know what you mean that yammie wrench sucks. Rear xtx is also set up so just use clickers on trail. I would buy a ratchet like spanner that you could slip an extension bar to get those nuts to loosen them ratchet adjust. I’m not sure how the yamcat shocks adjust but pure Yamaha xtx nuts suck big time. Xtx transfer easy peasy with crescent wrench.

Back