• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jack Shaft Bearings.

undecided said:
is that 14MM bolt on the 2ndary a RH or LH thread? My ejeecated guess is that it's a RH.

BTW and FWIW - I greased the lower drive shaft bearing with one of those sharp needle grease injectors. Also did my suspension wheels too. Must have bought a cheap one cuz I only got about 5 bearings out of it b4 the needle snapped.

Are these things OK to use?

EDIT - the belt is a beeyotch to get off of these things!!! any tips on belt removal?

Not sure on the thread direction, but the belt comes off real easy if done properly.

You want to grab ahold of the part of the secondary where the spring is and turn it the opposite direction. This will start to open the sheaves of the clutch. As it begins to open, begin pulling the belt up...then try turning it again, and pull the belt up again. It should then come right off the top of the sheaves.

To put it back on, do the same thing but start forcing the belt down in between the top of the sheaves as you turn where the spring is enclosed.

Hope this makes sense.

Back