• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jackshaft snapped

fraolib

Expert
went up to northern VT near canada yesterday to go riding. got up there late so we just crashed in our room. got up this morning and took off. at about 35mi into the ride the sled started vibrating really bad. i stopped twice and looked everything over looking for something broke. couldnt find anything. i had the guy that i was riding with ride it so he could c what i was talking about. he takes off and gets about 20ft and the jackshaft breaks rite behind the secondary. #$%&* :o| :o| :o| :o|
anyone else ever break their jackshaft?

I would blame it on your buddy since it broke when he was riding it! j/k! This is the first i've heard of one breaking.

called dealer as soon as i got cell service he said warranty should cover it. and he said same thing hes never heard of this problem

I did and got it fix now 150 miles later the whole motor came apart!
How are you making out?

it just happened yesterday. imi bringing it to the dealer on saturday he says he should have parts by then. and then im gonna continue trying to sell it

Had the circlip on the jack shaft slip out of place last year ... secondary went in against the bearing cover. PITA for a $3.00 clip.

just got my sled back tonight. i asked if he could c y it broke he said he had no idea. we just got about 14in of snow so im gonna go for a ride and hope for nothing else to break

Back