• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just changed the Oil

IMO, Cheap Insurance..............

Oil Filter......................................$10
New oil........................................$20
New sled after blown motor...........$12,000

Your time spent doing the job right learning exactly what need to be done for next time................$Priceless

arteeex said:
Daranello said:
also manual also says only at 2 quarts, start and run for a few minutes, then add the remainder to top off

I bet you stop and ask for directions when your lost too.

I do only an idiot would run around lost because of an over inflated ego. When your lost your lost! Admit it get help and learn from your mistake. LaLaLa

I cannot seem to find the filter number in my manual for my 08 fx nytro rtx. any suggestions?

changing your oil is not too bad, except..

I did my oil (and filter) change for the first time. I carefully read the instructions posted here and I also read the instruction manual.

One thing that was not mentioned either place (not that i saw , anyhow) was those nifty little plastic rivets yamaha uses to hold the lower body panels . They Suck. I broke quite a few getting them off.

I reccomend that when you buy your oil and filter, do your self a favor and buy replacement rivets for the ones you are about to break.
Also, unless you are a "strict factory original" kinda person, I reccomend that you dont use the same yamaha ones that come on the sled. Instead buy about 20 Honda rivets P/N 90653-HC4-900. They are .70 cents a peice and well worth it , as they are very easy to re-use.
I dont live close to a dealership, so this little problem added about an hour and a half to the job.
So, do yourself a favor...

my vote is to redo the oil change since you just contaminated the fresh oil with all the dirty oil that you left in the engine,also you can buy the plastic rivets that hold on the plastics at a hardware store for about 30 cents a piece,good luck

i tried prying every which way to get the stock rivets off without trashing them. they still broke. the honda ones are thicker material designed to be reused repeatedly.
thanks.

Back