• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just finished stator install on RS Venture......arggghhh

Mercer5

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper, 2001 SRX, 1990 Sno Scoot, Kitty Cat
Just finished the arduous task of new stator, come to find out, someone else was in there and DID NOT REPLACE IT, i cannot believe someone went through all the trouble only to look. They put Yamabond on cover and closed it back up. It was FRIED.
The guy I bought from definitely knew it was bad, to bad he could not have been more honest, I still would have bought. $2000 for an 05' with 15k, I knew it needed a rehab but WOW. This was a horrendous project , I replaced everything I could research that was an issue. Now I'm upside down, but happy
Thanks to all the DIY's, couldn't have down it without
See pic of new and old fried!
Yamaha could
Have designed better for replacement
Ride on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 888

Thanks for the picture. I've never seen one before.

my buddy is having problems with his 2001 Yamaha venture 700 triple 2 up, wondering if you might read my post under the electrical section and see if his problem is similar to what you had on your sled. We are having problem finding the problem,

my buddy is having problems with his 2001 Yamaha venture 700 triple 2 up, wondering if you might read my post under the electrical section and see if his problem is similar to what you had on your sled. We are having problem finding the problem,

have you tried over on the 2 stroke side? might be covered over there in the sxr section as well.

my bet is a rub through under the motor as all the sx chassis sleds where prone to this at some point if not attended to.

What Maim said is most likely, the 4 strokes stator is bathed in engine oil creating some of the heat, the 2 stroke is not and does have wear issues on harness under motor. What is it doing?

Anyone have a manual to replace a stator on an 05 rs venture sled ? Help

Search in the RS Venture section, there is a great DIY, that's what I used. It's not really that hard , just time consuming . If you have done your exhaust gaskets you half way there. My only tip is you don't need to unbolt complete exhaust, just remove the 6 exhaust manifold bolts from the motor.

I did the stator in my 05 Venture last winter. I was in a hurry so I trimmed a 1/2" X 3" strip of aluminum off the bulkhead to get the stator cover off so I wouldn't have to move the engine. Instead of a 4 hour job it was more like 45 minutes:) The stator burnt out at 14,500 miles.

I did the stator in my 05 Venture last winter. I was in a hurry so I trimmed a 1/2" X 3" strip of aluminum off the bulkhead to get the stator cover off so I wouldn't have to move the engine. Instead of a 4 hour job it was more like 45 minutes:) The stator burnt out at 14,500 miles.
So just pull the oil tank off and trim the bulk head ?

I don't see how that could only take 4 hours ! What a job that is !!!!

Thanks everyone ! Got er done just need to put oil in and fire it up ,hope it all works stator had a big black spot on it , will post pic later

Glad you got it! Yeah, sorry for the late reply, but yes, I just pulled the oil tank, loosened the steering shaft mounts for a little wiggle room, then drilled a line of small holes along the edge of the bulkhead down in the lower right portion of the stator cover, and snapped the strip off w/ vise grips. I cant imagine it would affect the structural integrity much. Hopefully I won't have to do it again until the 30000 mile mark! I keep a spare stator on hand now though.

Have a buddy looking at a 08 Vector that needs a stator
Same procedure?

Last edited:

Back