• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just Joined!

snow broke

Extreme
I have been doing a ton of reading on this sight for the past four months or so. An abundance of great info on here so I decided to join. I must give bottlerocket some public thanks as he has answered alot of questions for me about the XTX over the phone (common problems the good and the bad etc...). I decided to go ahead and snow check a 2012 and must say I can't wait to pick her up....long summer I reckon! I have owned both Cats and Yamaha's in the past and am very excited to be owning a brand spanking new XTX this fall.

Unsure on any mods at this point. I am a bit concerned about what the warranty will cover if I go adding certain items such as exhaust (thinking Hindle from what I have read) I wonder how the newer ski's will behave? Since it is my first Nytro I will definately be doing some suspension adjustments, again from what I have read on this forum...any input on warranty and mods that wont effect it are greatly appreciated....

Welcome Snow Broke..enjoy everything this site has to offer..great info, great pics and great people!

two years on my 09 xtx no major problems,1 broken limiter and some hyfax wear ha ha,o ya modified front bumper from a fire pit,hopefully next season goes the same way but with more snow,stud it,pipe it adjust the suspension u will beat or be right next to any other sled out their

Congrats and welcome. As I am sure you have found this is the best sled site out there, everyone here has thei 2 cents to add but the difference I have found is the 2 cents you get here is worth it and good advice from good people. As for the Warr. My dealer told me to do what ever I wanted to do to the sled but just keep the stock parts so they could put them back on in case yamaha asked for pic of the sled. Sounded lime a good deal to me so check with your dealer to see how far they are willing to go to help oh out. Look into the YES war. 5 years for $470. Can't beat it.

No idea on the skis. I swapped mine out before I even rode it (I hade them already). For carbides that is all on you. Are you studding, changing, an how do you and what kind of riding do you do? I run C&A Razors with a 9pm sharper bar and no studs on the 1.25 ripsaw. But I also have a RTX not the XTX so I would think the XTX guys will have much more useful info for you on ski and carbide setup.

For the first season will probably keep the stock skis but i am well aware of the inadequate wear bars most new sleds come with, just curious....probably no studs this year ....easy to say now though!

I also swapped my skis before I even got on my 2011, but the 12 has different skis. Very few people will know how those handle. Most people run two carbides, but I went with 6.9 pilot skis and 7.5 shapers.

What did you ride before?

Back