• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just upgraded 05 RX-1 to 09 Apex LTX GT

Powerguy

Extreme
Just made the switch to a 09 Apex LTX GT. Low miles with three years of YES warranty remaining. The sled came studded down the middle (106 or 108 I believe) with cobra 6" carbides, larger boggie wheels (to reduce hyfax wear) and the yamaha low snow kit (extra set of smaller wheels), and the extra tall winshield. I plan to add the 7.1 spring this fall.

Has anyone here used the cobra carbides with a lightly studded track? I am about 300# fully dressed with gear and not a real agressive rider but ride a lot of bumps here in the Northeast. Handling and suspension setup tips appreciated.

Attachments

• P1000306.JPG
    P1000306.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 138
  • P1000315.JPG
    P1000315.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 140
  • P1000310.JPG
    P1000310.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 143
  • P1000309.JPG
    P1000309.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 141

Cobra's and Sno Trackers seem to liked the most with stock ski's.

I would not install more studs. With your weight and a 136" track you will not need them.

I ran a Warrior and my buddy still runs it with 108. Works great and still all there after 6 years and many Km of riding.

spring

definately get your shock revalved same time you add more spring to the shock. Suggest rear heat exchanger if you don't have one.

That's quite the heat houser on that rig!

Have fun........!

Re: spring

Apexallday! said:
definately get your shock revalved same time you add more spring to the shock. Suggest rear heat exchanger if you don't have one.

That's quite the heat houser on that rig!

Have fun........!

I think it is the tallest windshield that Yamaha makes for the Apex. I also have the original windshield that is probably too short for me. I am 6' 4" so a higher windshield is a good thing.

I installed the cobras on my 121" Apex. I am studding this summer, the Cobras made a world of difference. After I installed the Cobra's, I immediately started looking into studs. They are AMAZING!! You will lose a bit on top end (not much) and there is more steering effort, but the trade-offs were skis that work. Well worth it!

Need to order BB spring and decide between the 6.5 and the 7.1 spring. From what I have read I am between the two at 300# and do not ride that aggressively but the trails here can be rough. I had the 6.5 on my RX-1 which seemed to work well. Advice appreciated.

Thanks, Just replaced the windshield with a medium height. Plan to keep the cobra carbides as I have heard good things about tehm and I would have to fill the holes in the skis if I changed.

Really looking for advice on big boy spring. Thanks all.

LTX

Congrats on the new sled, you will love it. Someone said add a rear heat exchanger, your sled already has it as standard, 2009 first year. I have a 2008 LTX and did add the exchanger, great addition. Enjoy

Back