• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

King Air 137"

I’m interested in the King Air rear suspension as well. Although, what adjustments can be made to the skid for changing front end handling? I read the articles but they didn’t mention how the user can increase or decrease ski pressure. I suppose front skid shock air pressure could be changed. Does the skid have a weight transfer adjustment? Just seems like adjustments for handling are limited and the user has to settle for what the skid delivers after install. Any specific feedback on handling and/or the handling adjustments will be appreciated.
Ok, I am no where near as well versed as Redbeard on the in's and out's of Fast suspensions, but I CAN give you my experience and opinion. To TRULY utilize the broad range of these air suspended suspension, an onboard adjustable on the fly system is a must! This season I was really able to put my M20 Airwave and Assault front shocks through their paces. Endless stutter bumps leaving Copper Harbor, 35 psi in my front shocks, 95 in my rear shock, and they disappear! Tight woods riding, 55psi in the fronts and 105 psi in the rear. Turns like aa short track sled and STILL has great bump compliance. VX1R and Journeyman both rode Redbeards Apex and are likely 75 lbs different in weight. No proble, raise or lower on demand without leaving your seat. Transfer is more than adequate, but you will NOT be doing wheelies with this product. With the 136 Camso 1.5" Intense track, my sled accelerates very well. Those with big power will usually be studded, so,traction isn't really an issue in my opinion.
Go check Redbeards Airwave build thread. The innovation and engineering he displays is pretty impressive.

Late to the conversation and I'm on a Cat 137" Procross but I do run the King-Air.
Like others out there, my age and back issues put me on a M-10 Air back in 2009. I really enjoyed it and moved the skid from sled to sled until I drove up and bought the King-Air from Gerard and Brigette in 2020. The assembly and install was easy due to my familiarity with the M-10 Air. I estimate it took me 1 1/2 hours to remove the M-10 Air and install the King-Air. In my eyes the upgrade was stunning. I'm 64 years old and the speeds I have caught myself traveling are impressive. I have often asked our group if they wanted me to ride in the back in case I was holding them up and they have stated every time that they can't keep up anyway.
The geometry difference with the new front arm, mounting and heavier rails are some fine work by Gerard; this ain't yer grandfathers M-10!
At the time I got it Gerard was still working on the shock calibration for the front arm because it would crash through on really, really big hits which did happen to me one time when I struck a chunk of snow covered ice from a fish house at about 45mph(danged dangerous and inconsiderate of the fisherman). He has upgraded the specs and has a trade-in program for a different front shock with a larger piston and a re-valve of the rear shock.

Thoughts
Transfer: It has more transfer than previous M-10's. I'm not concerned, I worried about drag-racing when I was young.
Top speed: Once again I'm not concerned as we might touch 80mph a couple times a day crossing a lake.
Installation: Drill two holes attach the brackets and put it in.
Value: Spendy? I've had 5 back surgeries and I am currently waiting on a new hip. What is your comfort worth if you love riding?
Front-end: I long ago ditched all my front Fox Floats on both my Procross chassis I have had and use traditional Carver Perf tuned nitrogen/oil shocks with Hygear dual-rate spring sets. I also run SLP SLT ski's with the saddles shimmed tight.

Last edited:
Late to the conversation and I'm on a Cat 137" Procross but I do run the King-Air.
Like others out there, my age and back issues put me on a M-10 Air back in 2009. I really enjoyed it and moved the skid from sled to sled until I drove up and bought the King-Air from Gerard and Brigette in 2020. The assembly and install was easy due to my familiarity with the M-10 Air. I estimate it took me 1 1/2 hours for the installation. In my eyes the upgrade was stunning. I'm 64 years old and the speeds I have caught myself traveling are impressive. I have often asked our group if they wanted me in the back in case I was holding them up and they have stated every time that they can't keep up anyway.
The geometry difference with the new front arm, mounting and heavier rails are some fine work by Gerard; this ain't yer grandfathers M-10!
At the time I got it Gerard was still working on the shock calibration for the front arm because it would crash through on really, really big hits which did happen to me one time when I struck a chunk of snow covered ice from a fish house at about 45mph(danged dangerous and inconsiderate of the fisherman). He has upgraded the specs and has a trade-in program for a different front shock with a larger piston and a re-valve of the rear shock.

Thoughts
Transfer: It has more transfer than previous M-10's. I'm not concerned, I worried about drag-racing when I was young.
Top speed: Once again I'm not concerned as we might touch 80mph a couple times a day crossing a lake.
Installation: Drill two holes attach the brackets and put it in.
Value: Spendy? I've had 5 back surgeries and I am currently waiting on a new hip. What is your comfort worth if you love riding?
Front-end: I long ago ditched all my front Fox Floats on both my Procross chassis I have had and use traditional Carver Perf tuned nitrogen/oil shocks with Hygear dual-rate spring sets. I also run SLP SLT ski's with the saddles shimmed tight.
Bonus: stepped on the scale, then stepped back on the scale holding my stock skid; King-Air 19# lighter

I have some questions about the King Air. I understand how it will soak anything up as far as bumps with ride compliance. Will the limiting factor be the front end at this point then?
Like if you are hitting a mogulled out section, does it transfer enough to lift the front end and skip over the tops?
If not, I guess you have to slow down otherwise your arms/shoulders take a hit regardless it the rear end of the sled can take the bumps.

As an aside I have a procross and am considering this or THE LYNX. The lynx seems to have bump compliance yet can lift front end too.

I have the front air shocks from fast also on mine along with power steering, that being said I installed a 1.75 snocross track with a few studs this year and it is a huge difference I can snap the throttle and lift over most anything. I ran last year with the stock studded track and with the power it would unload when trying to pop over trail chatter still able to go alot faster than the 850 with the r motion in our group along with other procross chassis. This year the track made a huge difference for me. As for top speed I think the new track was more of a scrub compared to the 1.25 track but still only a few mile an hour at best.

I installed a king air in my 2017 ltx, along with the assault front shocks this year. We rode 2300 miles this year in and around Newberry mi from 2-1 through 2-23. This setup is the best riding and handling that I have ever rode on smooth or rough trails, I have never like Fox float shocks on these chassis weather it was a viper or the sidewinder they always seemed bouncy and would not settle down, That is not the case with the assault shocks the air bag has so much volume it makes everything smooth out. The King Air rear socked up even the grade on Saturday evening at 65-70 mph I was able to zip right through, the other winders in the group were struggling to keep speed. I'm very happy with this setup the only problem I had was the clamp for the front shock external chamber cracked and had to hose clamp it for a few days until we got home and will get new one from Fast. I will try and load pics soon but it was very easy to install and set up for weight and style only drilled 2 holes in tunnel. I very much recommend this set up for any trail riding, rough or smooth King Air will keep you in the groove. Thank You FAST for excellent product.
Do you remember what your sag was in front end?

I installed a king air in my 2017 ltx, along with the assault front shocks this year. We rode 2300 miles this year in and around Newberry mi from 2-1 through 2-23. This setup is the best riding and handling that I have ever rode on smooth or rough trails, I have never like Fox float shocks on these chassis weather it was a viper or the sidewinder they always seemed bouncy and would not settle down, That is not the case with the assault shocks the air bag has so much volume it makes everything smooth out. The King Air rear socked up even the grade on Saturday evening at 65-70 mph I was able to zip right through, the other winders in the group were struggling to keep speed. I'm very happy with this setup the only problem I had was the clamp for the front shock external chamber cracked and had to hose clamp it for a few days until we got home and will get new one from Fast. I will try and load pics soon but it was very easy to install and set up for weight and style only drilled 2 holes in tunnel. I very much recommend this set up for any trail riding, rough or smooth King Air will keep you in the groove. Thank You FAST for excellent product.
It is a great upgrade

Back