• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FAST KING AIR. Suspension any experience.

Keep us posted.
Been considering 1 to keep my ape relevant for a little longer.
WOW! Night and day difference. Started at Gerards base line pressures. I have come down about 13lbs in the front. He was pretty sure everything would be a tad firm. Way better ride and all around feel to the sled. Minimal darting with stock skies and carbides yet easier to steer and when you do turn it still turns. Takes bumps with ease. Havent played with the rear settings yet but baseline is pretty close and light years aheadbof what I had. Very happy with the change

WOW! Night and day difference. Started at Gerards base line pressures. I have come down about 13lbs in the front. He was pretty sure everything would be a tad firm. Way better ride and all around feel to the sled. Minimal darting with stock skies and carbides yet easier to steer and when you do turn it still turns. Takes bumps with ease. Havent played with the rear settings yet but baseline is pretty close and light years aheadbof what I had. Very happy with the change
Did 110 miles

How's the hook up off the line?
Would love to read a more comprehensive report.
Seems very good- however i do predominantly trail riding and ice fishing not lake drags ect and currently the track is a stock 1.25 ripsaw. I would say with some tweeking it would be even better. ie lengthen the strap adjust shock pressures or the RFA. In spring before it gets put away I have a 1.35 cobra I will install when I do drive and jack shaft bearings. I would pull my friends 800 137" cat on the starts.

Keep us informed as you dial it in.
Dare I ask what tat setup cost?

All the prices are on their website. 4k for both the suspension and front shocks

Ouch! So, was it worth the price of admission?
I am very happy I did it. Love the sled as a whole and only have 5k miles on it so at my age likely the last sled I should need. Still like to run hard every now and then and this makes it far more enjoyable.

Have to say Gerard was a great guy to talk with. Took us all around the shop. Saw 2 new Blades being built, one 2 stroke and one 4 stroke. They still build 5-10/ yr. First time I had seen one in person, and have never seen machined billet aluminum components on a sled before. It was a great time.
King Air.jpg

Looks REALLY good!
Appears to sit higher when unloaded which I prefer.
What's your take on the front shocks?
I like them. Started at 50psi and kept going down a little bit each time. Im at 38lbs now and for me that seems pretty good. Controls the bumps very well. Lowering the pressure lightened the steering effort but it still turns and doesn't push.
Yes its higher, i had to extend my stand one hole to get the track off the ground

Just curious how well the air ride does at slower speeds. I usually don't have problems with bumps if I'm going at least 40+mph. The problem is when in the tight twisties I'm often times down in the 20-30mph range so as to not blow a corner or kill someone else. This is where I'd love to have more compliance in the ride department. More throttle surely cures most of my ride issues but its simply not doable at times.

Just curious how well the air ride does at slower speeds. I usually don't have problems with bumps if I'm going at least 40+mph. The problem is when in the tight twisties I'm often times down in the 20-30mph range so as to not blow a corner or kill someone else. This is where I'd love to have more compliance in the ride department. More throttle surely cures most of my ride issues but its simply not doable at times.
Most of my riding is done between 25-35. It is far better than the stock skid. Im still playing with it but the initial 110 mile ride was at the starting point Gerard recommended and It was really good

Back