• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

So is this the first Apex and possibly the first snowmobile to be super and turbocharged simultaneously? I'm amazed at how you are able to piece this together yourself...impressive. I mean, I have some white wisdom growing on the sides of my head as well but apparently not enough! :p How much horsepower are you predicting?

So is this the first Apex and possibly the first snowmobile to be super and turbocharged simultaneously? I'm amazed at how you are able to piece this together yourself...impressive. I mean, I have some white wisdom growing on the sides of my head as well but apparently not enough! :p How much horsepower are you predicting?
I’m going to find the limit of pump fuel plus a can or torco. So I’m hoping for around 400hp. Main thing I want is SC response in tight trails and turbo top end on a lake. We shall see. It’s all a great big experiment.

No hood? Do you have a video of the sled before the turbocharger addition by chance? I am trying to differentiate the sounds between the two chargers by the sound of my sled and yours with both...I'm thinking mine doesnt sound right. By the way, your crazy mad but I like it! haha

Sorry I don't think I have a old vid, the whole video thing is sort of a new experiment as well.

Hood will go on when I'm done testing and data logging.

What doesn't sound right? They make all sorts of noises, whistles, squeaking, chirping, add turbo and you get wastegate fluttering, lol

Correct on being mad! After I rode it, I gave the unedited reaction in the vid, I was legitimately scared, which is exactly what I wanted. The SC was fun and scary until it wasn't, then the turbo was fun and scary until it wasn't, and now this... is just bonkers. There is no farther to go LOL Really insane how its working so far. I really wanted a stroker and ported head motor but at another $15K I was like this will have to do. Glad I saved the cash. This has no earthly business on a trail...speaking of that I go trail riding in WI this weekend LOL

Nice job. You headed to the Winnie Roast? So what sled are you trail riding may I ask ?

Bring this off course. Trying to hurry up and get less spring pressure on the gate. I’ll bring the girls ski Doo as a backup. (Oxymoron if I ever heard it). I’m staying on flowage. Will hit weenie for a bit on sat.

Back