• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Trying to decide what fuel tank to run, the Impulse tank bolts up no issue but I can't fit the surge tank so I feel it would suck air with the all the gas in the back of the tank and skis in the air.

I have a doo Xp trail tank (lightweight with 12.5 gal) but it needs a flat tunnel. I have a Holley Hydra mat for it (big money).

Should I go easy and install impulse tank, or fabricate a quick 'bridge' to flatten my tunnel where the tank mounts and do the tank correctly for the first time vs waiting until next summer when I build the new tunnel.

hmmmm

If it were me I would run the impulse tank for now. Maybe put another fuel pickup in the back and run a external 255 pump and reconfigure next summer when there is not snow on the ground.

Turbo installed.
21172ECB-4CB4-43C9-88ED-B74180BCB2C8.jpeg

601F690D-DFAB-4E65-818C-8318C4AE30EF.jpeg

2 up seat is awsome ! Just wait till someone pulls up next to you and starts snickering.
I used to have a seat jack thing on my 780 srx for when my daughter was riding with me. Had a few people trying to figure that sled/combination out.

Love this project. Cant believe the problem you had with the Winder. Building is funnier than buying!

Love this project. Cant believe the problem you had with the Winder. Building is funnier than buying!
The winder issues I have finally concluded are PEFI tune issues. Winder will go back to stock to see if it resolves all my issues, then I can decide if I want to deal with the normal winder issues LOL DS bearings, top gears, ROV, blah blah blah I had to make a list in the winder section to keep track of them all. It may be worth trying to 'bullet proof' a winder over a custom apex but you will never had the turbo sounds of the apex that are near orgasmic! I cannot wait to fire this up! So much tuning ahead of me though. The motec tuning process will be a huge PITA but sorta fun too, I have to start in with injector scaling to get it to run and idle, then switch to Open loop both fuel and boost, then figure out the duty cycle of my solenoid and WG combo, and dial in fuel tables as much as I can, then switch to closed loop boost, and fuel and continue to refine the tables until it all seems happy. If I run into any mechanical issues while this happens (say compressor surge or something) it will cause me to chase my tail thinking its a tune issue. So I am prepared to take a few days off and just focus on it to see how close I can get it.

All that said once its dialed in should just be turn key and go and normal maintenance which is pretty high on a boosted apex. I go through chains almost yearly they stretch from jumping and always WOT LOL. So worth it though :)

So many details, I have the BCS mounted where the reverse lever used to be, I have the FPR working, I have the rear tail light solution figured out (took an aftermarket kit with factory tail light and will mount where I wont drill into my rear heat exchanger :cool:), I have the fuel tank plumbed, vented, wired, and working.

What's left you ask?

Mount the seat (waiting on snaps of all things for the boss seat)
Relocated MAP sensor (headlight pod doesn't fit)
Mount the headlight pod, plumb the boost gauge as a redundant gauge
Finish the digital dash waterproofing and wiring so its plug and play and can be removed quickly
Program and scale the injectors in the MOTEC
figure out a Battery disconnect since I am drawing 30 ma mysteriously and I don't want to wreck my new Anti-Gravity battery
Figure out cold side piping - Need to get from turbo to SC inlet outside of the hood and still be able to fit body panels on

Just a few things LOL

Back