• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets hear about the RX-1s fuel milage.

Mikey

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
03 RX-1
O.K fellow RX-1 riders lets hear about the fuel milage whats the best you've gotton out of a tank of fuel.

It's not about the actual mileage.....
Its all about who puts in the least amount of fuel at the gas stops.
I'm the only RX in my usual group, but my closest competition is a REV6 sdi. The harder the ride, the more I beat him by, but on an easy trail run.... we are very close.

just back from a 2010 mile trip in quebec :D checked mileage several times and was a constant 18mpg and thats with ecp kit installed,did have an axle bearing go about 10 miles from Matana :( didnt vibrate or make noise the speedo stopped working so i checked it out,no balls left in the bearing,lucky there was a yamaha dealer right there,2 hrs later we were back in action :D i thought 18mpg was pretty good for the soft trails we had the whole time,have seen 19.5 on hard spring trails without ecp kit last spring, my 2 cents

Sounds logical, although I checked last March on a 200 mile (fast) loop run, and I got exactly 16. Others got 9 to 12. The faster you go, the less you sacrifice, and the more the two strokes burn. Plus I always use 87. It blows thier minds. I do it on purpose..and in over 3500 cumulative miles on 2 RX's, no issues at all. But I didn't expect any either.

OK so like a min of about 150 miles outa a tank of fuel? Im more worried about the range one tank of fuel will get.

should be no problem for 140 miles,ive noticed that when the low fuel light comes on steady and i fill up it wont quite take 7 gallons so the last square on the guage is around 3 gallons on mine and thats 50 miles easy,your right about the sdi skidoo's they are easy also but the rx1 still gets better mpg,on our trip was a 01 700xc,a 03 classic 600 and my rx1, a common fuel stop would be 34 liters,29 liters and 17 liters respectively and they run 93 and i get 87,plus no 2 stroke oil lol gotta love it,i figure next year i'll put a weak spring in the front clutch and gear it way up and get 22mpg and really blow their minds but i will say this my buddies classic with th e m10 rear skid made me want to cry when the tails got rough,hopefully the new rx1 mono skid will be a better ride

The first 350 miles on my Warrior I averaged exactly 16.2 and I was running ECP's kit. Last year on my RX-1 I averaged 15 with Heavy hitters.

Well I just went 190 km on 34 liters so that would be 13.7 MPG of mixed trail and lake riding. That is pretty typical. I wouldn't bet on getting to 140 miles a tank although it "should". 135 miles would be a more reaonsable estimated rolling stop...220 km. I have made it to 210 km and talked to a guy who did 215. Once you are over 130 miles or 210 km, all bets are off. Unless the tank is bigger than the advertised size.

Dumb question, but I've always wondered this, but never looked into it in the manual. But what is the fuel capacity of the 03 shorty?

My Warrior gets 16mpg no matter what the conditions...Nice not having to look at the fuel gage all of the time..

mpg

The 10 gallon capacity of the fuel tank is not necessarily the useable amount of fuel in the tank. I haven't pushed the '03 RX to the bottom of the tank to find out what useable is and hopefully never will.

I checked gas mileage a couple times during the first 600 miles and it was a bit over 16 mpg each time. I've also noticed that the fuel gauge has 10 bars at full and when I've gone down 5 or 6 bars I have used 5 or 6 gallons so, at least on my sled, the top half of the tank is calibrated with the gas gauge.

Lets put it this way. If you ride with anyone who has any snowmobile besides the Polaris Frontier 4 stroke, the Arctic Cat 4 stroke, or the Yamaha Viper, they will have to stop for gas before you.

Back