• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets hear about the RX-1s fuel milage.

i have about 4500 miles on my 03 shorty.depending on conditions i have seen between 120-160 miles on a tank full.i have also put in a little over 10 gallons in the tank at times.

I rode with a zr800 and i had to put in 2 less gal of gas at fill up and we were only down to 1/2 a tank...

I thing we rode 70 miles and i took 4.9 gal of gas..

I have seen as good as 17 miles per gal.. at a mild 50mph

and ive seen 16.1 mpg with it WFO for alot of the trail..

2000 miles in quebec in 7.5 days ,checked mileage several times and it was right at 18mpg everytime,thats with ecp kit,stock gearing and a team roller secondary,i got 4.1 -4.2 miles per liter,4.4 liters in a gallon equals 18 mpg if i figured right,not too bad

gas mileage

Mileage goes down considerably if you have to tow an Articrap out of the woods twice in 2 days too. Put a real damper on 2 days of great riding :evil:

Last trip to the U.P. rode 600 miles. My low was 16.6 m.p.g. my high was 18.7 m.p.g.. I have almost 5000 miles on my sled and have heavy hitters. Seems to keep improving.

Went on my first ride yesterday after getting the "new deeper" bowls on my Mtn. (stock w/reverse) Heard gas milage wasn't as good with the new bowls.
Riding with an 04' Rev6 and an 03' skidoo H.O. 600. We encountered about every condition....sea level to 8K ft....25F. to 5F.....2ft. powder to wind blown concrete. Winding thick forest to WFO Glacier snow fields (crossed 6 differnt glaciers).. and LOTS of climbing.
When we got back to the trucks, we'd gone 86.1 miles.
Rev6 = 13 gals.
HO 600 = 15 gals.
RX-1 Mtn. = 7.5 gals.

The look on their faces = Priceless!

I have noticed on my mountain RX-1, I get right at 11-12 mpg in most conditions. Those conditions are usually riding in the deep stuff boondocking. That is considerably better than 2 stokes in the same condition. I remember last year an 800 Polaris getting 6 mpg in the same conditions. I am happy with the results, and no 2 smoke oil.

When the conditions are good... easy runnin'... the best two-stroke in the bunch usually uses about 10% more than the rx... the worst uses nearly double. When the going gets tough.. I use about 10% - 20% more fuel than normal - worst case scenario - while the two strokes increase by at least 20% to 50%... rough figurin'. The four stroke REALLY shines in the tough going. I'm very happy with it. Can't say I'd ever wanna go back.

I broke trail about 80% of the way on a recent trip and at the first stop for fuel... a Polaris 700 used 6 gallons while I couldnt quite take a whole jerry can around 4.5 gallons. For the entire trip I used only 15 Gals (I had 1 pint left in the tank when we got back). 160 miles on 15 gallons is about 11 mpg - IN THE WORST POSSIBLE CONDITION - tough sluggin in fresh powder and deep slush. They used about 20 gallons or about 33% more.

I do HAVE to tell you about a 2 stroke that did best me in mileage a few weeks ago... it was under good conditions.. and we were "movin". We filled up 60 miles later and to my suprise.. I used 21 litres (4 gallons = 15 mpg) and he used 18 litres (3.5 gal = 17 mpg). It was a Ski Doo Rev 600 with SDI (a $900 option). I think that if I put him to 'work' in powder those numbers would be much different.

I just came back from a trip into New Brunswick, Canada. I went 900 miles on this trip and the best I saw for mileage was 15. I rode with a 2004 Warrior and a 2004 T660 and each time we filled up we were within .25 cents of each other.

Gas mileage

Just rode 840 miles in Quebec. Ranged from 14.5 to 16.0 mpg per tank. The lower mileage was at extreme high speed riding.
BTW there were 6 RX-1's & 1 ZR 900. The ZR didn't make it through the second day. The diamond drive failed for the second time on this sled. The non turboed RX's did a little better on gas.

As High as 20 mpg in perfect trails about 50 with bolth warriors . Went 60 miles and took 3 gallons a sled .

Most of the time I am in the 16-17mpg range ocational a little lower or higher.

My warriors seem better fule that my old rx-1 did but I am running ams-oil 0-40

170plus,

Thats 3.8 liters per us gallon. 3.8 x 4.1 = 15.58 miles per gal.

I get 16 miles per gal no matter how what speed I run.

Just did a trip on the weekend with ECP filters.

I rode 110 miles and the sled took 25 litres....I beleive thet it holds 38 litres.

The gas light was just starting to flicker.

I imagine that I could go about 40 miles more when the gas light comes on.

When in a pinch.....keep the throdle under the 3/4 point.

Back