• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets hear about the RX-1s fuel milage.

Well my Rx-1 mtn can only hold 38 liters which boils down to 10 US gallons or 8.35 Imp gallons. I constantly get 140 to 160 miles to the tank. The harder and faster the ride the better the 4 stroke beats the dirty 2 strokers.

152 miles on 11 gallons, on a river run that was really rough. Equals 13.8 miles per gallon. Did play in the powder for about an hour though!!!!

:cry: You guy's are depressing me, The best I've gotten is about 11 to 12 mpg. That is with normal riding on groomed trails with occasional WOT on lakes. The sled is in the shop now with what I think is an electrical problem since it would ocassionally sputter, backfire, and die then restart and run fine for the rest of the day. Now it just doesn't run. I disconnected the TORS thinking that was the problem but it actually just got worse. Anyway I also have a badly worn Primary clutch (1200 miles on sled) and I think the HC's and the Bender kit is part of the clutch problem along with the poor gas mileage issue. Right now I have to fill up before a few of the 2strokers that I ride with and that gets a little embarassing.. :oops:
Oh well still love the sled and hopefully it'll all get ironed out this week. Put on over 300 miles over weekend (on borrowed sleds) but not as much fun as it would have been with the RX.

I haven't checked my mileage yet but it seems like 16mpg is the average in this post. I'm in a X/C race of 320 K/M soon and I want optimum fuel mileage cause I'm probably the only 4-stroke entering. Does 16 mpg sound reasonable for approx. 85-90mph average speed? Does the octane level effect the mileage? The race rules may allow 95 or so. The snow is mostly all hard packed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Either way I'm :lol:

LET'S HEAR ABOUT THE RX-1'S FUEL MILEAGE

153 Miles, 33.1 litres or 7.28 Imp. Gals. = 21.01 mpg.
Sled has Heavy Hitters and ECP Kit. Never got above 19 mpg before ECP
Kit. Also no loss on top end speed.

Warrior red/silver stage two equivalent clutch kit with 6426 miles and average fuel for entire mileage is 16.8mpg. I changed oil at 25miles 500 miles and every 2000 miles thereafter. Switched to 0-40 Amsoil at 2500 miles. Oil was never added between changes and the oil never went down any measurable amount.

Warrior blue before my brother crashed it. The sled is stock except for an M10, with 3867 miles and averaged 17.1 mpg. I changed oil at 25miles 500 miles and every 2000 miles thereafter. Switched to 0-40 Amsoil at 2500 miles. Oil was never added between changes and the oil never went down any measurable amount.

I have 1500km on my 04 RX1 shorty. Not too sure about the fuel milage, but it is better than all the other sleds that I run with, plus no real oil expense. The worse part about having the best machine on fuel, is that you waste it unnecessarily trying to find fuel for all you gas guzzling 2-stroke buddies. :x

I run between 17 - 21 MPG using imperial units. Even a tad better if just putting around. Naturally if running high speed for long distance its lower. To put in perspective the other day in Quebec we ran about 105 miles. Trails were soft and snow covered. Average speed would have been 60 - 70 miles per hour
MXZ 800 - 42 litres (ran out of gas right at the pump)
Thundercat - 46 litres
RX Warrior - 24 litres
This was in the middle of nowhere and gas was $1.00 litre. My sled is stock other than green springs, a bit over 3000 miles. I always use about 1/2 of the T-cat plus no oil. Under better conditions the sled would have done better but I suspect the others would too.

Just got back from the eastern twps. of Quebec, 850 miles on and off the throttle and hammering on some trials, 17 to 18 mph. only sled close was a 04 doo rev 600sdi. used less than a half of quart of oil, his down side 5 quarts of oil. :D :D :D :D

hey snorover ....you are correct with that conversion,i was going by what my buddy had told me it was,thats not too bad still though,a lot are not getting near 16 so i feel pretty good,i went 225 miles today,have ecp kit installed,geared down to 23/40,went 109 miles used 6.4 gallons,sounds like 17mpg to me and its pulls hard and top speed of 129 " I LIKE IT,I LIKE IT A LOT "

Back