• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets hear from some Quebec riders

toy4dan

Extreme
Ok guys I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but I am getting back into snowmobiling after a couple of years off, got a buddy here and we are from upstate NY told him all the ins and outs of snowmobiling, anyway he has got me back into it, picking up my Apex next week and he found a deal on a ski-doo yes ski-doo he will learn very quick, anyway I have never ridden that much in NY except for Boonville, NY, I guess what I am saying even though he knows Quebec is the only place to ride, send me pics info whatever you got to convince him even more, because I do not want to ride in NY if I don't have to. :drink:

heres something

this is my friend in gaspesie in 10 feet in 8 days..last january..lol..valin has lots of snow..not as much but too many people there..soon will be the same here.the trails were closed for 2 days because there was too much snow on the trails..tell your friend we have 37000 ks of trails here.and its free this year 11-12 feb.. ;)! for trail ridding you will see 1000foot cliffs right beside the trail ..and the veiws of the ocean and mountains is great..the trail in the chic-chocs goes from when you leave the place your sleeping at..3-10 feet to over 3800feet...could go on..lol..just look at the pics for chic-chocs.

Attachments

• 100_3771.JPG
    100_3771.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 138
Gaspe is one place in Quebec that I always wanted to go to, usually go to St Agathe, St Donat, Mt Laurier, Joiliete, St Zenon, anyway we would like to go to Gaspe in March, sooner if we don't get snow soon.

From Montreal about how many hours to Gaspe ?
Is that where you do most of your riding ?

toy4dan said:
Gaspe is one place in Quebec that I always wanted to go to, usually go to St Agathe, St Donat, Mt Laurier, Joiliete, St Zenon, anyway we would like to go to Gaspe in March, sooner if we don't get snow soon.

From Montreal about how many hours to Gaspe ?
Is that where you do most of your riding ?

If you go sledding with the wife,girlfriend,kids...go up north..the best is cabanon..they groom everynight and right from the hotel..yes everynight..lol.they have a pool too.gas.and a safe place for your truck and sleds..but for the boys go to sept iles or gaspesie or labradour..these places are more hard core..offtrail and on trail ridding..there isnt a restaurant every few kms..less nice day riders..its great..I started to go to valin 7 years ago..but 2 years ago I could not beleieve how many people there were..and the bumps were insane..too many people.guess I told too many. ;):D .lol..so it was time to find another..
As for gaspesie..I bought a place in river-a-claude..its inbetween la martre and mont-sainte-piere..which is on the north side of gaspesie..I am 190 kms north of gaspe..so we see more snow..and its the biggest mountains and also the most snow.the logging roads are good..but the offtrail is crazy.you can ride many roads and also ride the trail one way and gas and then ride the same way back.and feel like your on a different trail..nothing like anywhere else...you will want to stop all the time cause of the views.and the hills on the trails are cool.you criss cross the mountains to get to the top of some...steep like at montange noir.but they go from sealevel to 3400 feet on the trail..can get to 4200 offtrail..stop on the side of the trail and walk off your sled and fall 600-1000 feet of a cliff..thats why no women or kids..its a scairy trail..If you want to do a loop you have to stay somewhere..cause its such a big trail system.as for snow..it can snow 10cen. at sealevel and when you get to like 3000 feet on the trails..its like a foot..trails can close here for more than a day..seen 150 and another 140cen. in 2 different storms..went last year after 10feet in 6 days.. :-o
I ride only here with the wife and son,If I come home..lol..my son has school..the wife works..lol..me not when theres snow.I have 2 friends that rent a room from me..they are there allllllwinter..they are under 27 years old .so no wifes..lol...ones a fishing guide..if you need any other info on where to stay or ride ..PM me.I will always post the conditions in gaspesie..
If you want to see more pics..go on my profile and check posts..should be gaspesie pics.or look up chic-chocs,gaspesie. ;)!

Heres the part that sucks..lol..8-9 hours from my place west of montreal..

Back