• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see what everyone is working on away from the keyboard...

I thought it would have had a little more. Naturally aspirated one liter MotoGP bikes are achieving those speeds on the straight sections of road courses.

Isle of Man record is 205 mph on an H2R with a professional racer. That’s the fastest time ever recorded on a closed course! H2R is SUPERCHARGED to 320hp.

Actually once you get above 180 it’s aerodynamics and rider ability.
Most will let out well before that.

The front end is being pushed all around just like darting on a snowmobile.

Steering is accomplished by sticking a shoulder slightly into the wind.

I think many really have no idea what happens on a standard fairing bike above 180 mph.
Just for reference the fastest 1000cc forced induction bike (not streamliner) at Bonneville 5 mile course is 244 mph.

Now take that 15 mph head wind and make it a tail wind.......that’s a 30 mph difference. It’s all about conditions.

We had a good summer!
In the record books!

Isle of Man record is 205 mph on an H2R with a professional racer. That’s the fastest time ever recorded on a closed course! H2R is SUPERCHARGED to 320hp.

Actually once you get above 180 it’s aerodynamics and rider ability.
Most will let out well before that.

The front end is being pushed all around just like darting on a snowmobile.

Steering is accomplished by sticking a shoulder slightly into the wind.

I think many really have no idea what happens on a standard fairing bike above 180 mph.
Just for reference the fastest 1000cc forced induction bike (not streamliner) at Bonneville 5 mile course is 244 mph.

Now take that 15 mph head wind and make it a tail wind.......that’s a 30 mph difference. It’s all about conditions.
Last year Andrea Dovizioso recorded a top speed of 356 kmph on the Mugello circuit aboard a naturally aspirated one liter Ducati.
Even the lower powered Yamaha and Suzuki achieve speeds over 200mph.

Last year Andrea Dovizioso recorded a top speed of 356 kmph on the Mugello circuit aboard a naturally aspirated one liter Ducati.
Even the lower powered Yamaha and Suzuki achieve speeds over 200mph.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...2r-claim-fastest-isle-of-man-tt-speed-206mph/

Fastest Isle of Man record my bad.

Racers that normally run 210~220 at the Arkansas mile didn’t break 200 mph this year because of conditions.
I thought it was cool she did so well first time out.

Thanks for your support!

Attachments

• ACF2A85C-F80B-4FF3-ABD8-478E94C1BF41.jpeg
    ACF2A85C-F80B-4FF3-ABD8-478E94C1BF41.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 110
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...2r-claim-fastest-isle-of-man-tt-speed-206mph/

Fastest Isle of Man record my bad.

Racers that normally run 210~220 at the Arkansas mile didn’t break 200 mph this year because of conditions.
I thought it was cool she did so well first time out.

Thanks for your support!
Hey, this isn't a knock against her. It's awesome what she did. I just find it interesting how advanced the MotoGP bikes are, and I think I have it figured out.
MotoGP bikes are high horsepower - low torque!

wow that is awesome.
P.S. for a second there I was looking for the eating popcorn gif

Well I thought it was a good Yamaha related thread for what we did this summer?
Bike build and results..... apparently not, haven’t had a single like?

Anything goes fella's. It's all about what everyone does away from the keyboard.

Whether you're changing a timing chain, building an ice house, or boosting an R1 (best looking vintage pictured above IMO), I like to read it.

Welding, turning wrenches and throttles...what else is there? ;)

Time for a cold one...;)!

Harvest in full swing.

I took a few pictures of my son cutting soybeans yesterday evening.

20191014_171606.jpg
20191014_171404.jpg

well sucks but i have been told relax for the next 3-4 days as i have an irritated muscle in my shoulder.

well sucks but i have been told relax for the next 3-4 days as i have an irritated muscle in my shoulder.

What happened bud?

hurt it back in march pull starting my vk while doing fire wood. tried to be gentle and let it recover but it never did. started physio last week as perscribed by doctor and i actually got worse over the weekend as i started getting yard into shape before snow hits. sucks because there are 2 sleds apart in garage atm besides my usual fall activities.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just turned 60 and I install and train and repair Automotive alignment systems, Wheel Balancers and tire machines. I only do about 4 Alignment hoists a year. Ours are expensive but last 20 years in the rust belt. So more Alignment machines then hoists. And yea it is wearing on my shoulders when I do the hoists.

Back