• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see what everyone is working on away from the keyboard...

hurt it back in march pull starting my vk while doing fire wood. tried to be gentle and let it recover but it never did. started physio last week as perscribed by doctor and i actually got worse over the weekend as i started getting yard into shape before snow hits. sucks because there are 2 sleds apart in garage atm besides my usual fall activities.

Understood, as I pulled something in my neck the other day, while laying over an auto seat, fiddling with some under-dash wiring.

I hope your arm makes a turnaround before the snow flies.

Glad your able to start harvest! Its going to be awhile in Minnesota yet. Everything is under water here and its taking forever to dry.
I heard you guys were having trouble with the weather up there. I hate that for you. I hope it turns around for you soon bud.

I heard you guys were having trouble with the weather up there. I hate that for you. I hope it turns around for you soon bud.
Yeah we will most likely have to put the tracks on the combine this year and if it doesn't stop raining the dryers will be running nonstop. The ground is so soft and so full of water it has no where to go. Some sun and some wind would sure be nice right now.

Yeah we will most likely have to put the tracks on the combine this year and if it doesn't stop raining the dryers will be running nonstop. The ground is so soft and so full of water it has no where to go. Some sun and some wind would sure be nice right now.
Stay safe!

First ride for the season at home in Indiana! This doesn't happen before Christmas very often. Miles and miles of empty fields. What a beautiful day!

Sled needs a bath before heading north next month...farm life.

20191217_094311.jpg
20191217_094300.jpg

This has been a work in progress for the last couple years and is finally up and running.

2 years ago I bought this sled off the original owner. Turns out my grandpa sold it new to him back in 1974, the year after we started selling Yamaha. 1974 Yamaha GP433F. Been sitting for at least 20 years but it was definitely something to work with. Only 1250 miles, dusty, but overall very good condition.

View attachment 142125 View attachment 142126 View attachment 142127 View attachment 142128 View attachment 142129 View attachment 142130 View attachment 142131 View attachment 142132 View attachment 142133

After a good power wash and removed a few old registrations.

View attachment 142134 View attachment 142135 View attachment 142137 View attachment 142138 View attachment 142139 View attachment 142140

Drained the oil tank, replaced all the fuel and oil lines, replaced some missing hardware, and patched the seam on the gas tank.

View attachment 142141 View attachment 142142 View attachment 142143 View attachment 142144

The outside of the carb looked extremely clean, made me think someone had cleaned it before putting it in storage. I decided to try and start it without taking it all apart. Took a little coaxing but after a few pull it was up and running. And it runs pretty damn good for sitting for 20+ years! Had it running a few times now. Needs a chain case cover as part of it is plastic and its cracked. Hit the throttle a couple times and the track drive sprocket shattered. Have a new aftermarket one on the way.

Looking forward to doing some vintage rides. Being this sled is 20 years older than me, I am coming to appreciate how far the sport has come over the years!

View attachment 142145

That thing LOOKS AWESOME.....:-o;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!

Working on? Lol.....Sunday, and then last night...trees down, stumps, some rocks from a rerouted trail last year. But got the swt v800 out to settle it before the trails open....today! Got lost in a new woods trail too...lmao...what a pita to turn this around. Fortunately the drag is light, but those swts handlebars and skis really are there for show....they don't like to turn! Then I got the drag caught on a road bank, trying to pull it down, and went into the handlebars....ribs hurts...damn....I LOVE this sport!!!
I did manage to at least get some pre season warmups in on portions of our trails I maintain. Conditions were really good a week ago.
2019-12-18 18.33.53.jpg 2019-12-18 18.31.41.jpg 2019-12-18 07.30.49.jpg 2019-12-18 18.31.14.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-12-18 18.31.41.jpg
    2019-12-18 18.31.41.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 2019-12-18 18.46.20.jpg
    2019-12-18 18.46.20.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 83
Brings back memories!! I had a lot of doos back in the day. My FIII was a good runner! Until we all figured we needed loud exhausts. The drone at 7 grand was unbearable....lol!
Yep, I'm sporting the Dynoport triple cans under the hood...;)

I couldn't stand to ride it all day, but nothing sounds like a triple-triple with cans...;)!

That field looks like it would be the perfect spot to race my ZRT 600 against your F3 !! It would have been a good race .....

Yep had my F3 out for my first ride of the season just the other day! Trails were still closed so we hit the back roads! Mine has the stock pipes and a yamaha Bender Can adapted to fit, sounds awsome. M10 out back with 1.25”
Track has slowed it down some across the lake. Back in the day my buddy had a 97 ZRT 600, it’s basically a toss up who wins, both Great Lake runners. No 600cc machine other than that 600 zrt will hang with it, actually beats most 700cc sleds across the lake.
Oh did I mention it sounds awsome?

Back