• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Life begins without a Phazer, dang!

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
I have mixed emotions seeing my Phazer leave my house with a new owner tonight. I have really enjoyed riding and modifying my Phazer RTX over the past 5 years. There really is not another sled out there like a Phazer and I took mine to the top with mods and custom parts. I took mine as far as I could take it without adding a turbo. Thank you all that participate in this Phazer forum section. I couldn't do a lot what I did to my sled without you guys. I especially want to thank cannondale who is always there to help and I was very excited to finally meet him and ride with him a couple years ago at the Munising Give Away ride.

I am not going far as I picked up an 08' 40th Anniversary Nytro RTX that has already been stretched for peanuts the end of last season. I am taking this sled season off as I had rotator cuff surgery the end of last year and looking forward to rebuilding the Nytro over the summer. The Nytro needs to be taken all the way down to the tunnel but I enjoy the work and custom parts and the price was right when I found it.

I will still be around here once and awhile as I just really like Phazers. Thanks again to all and have a great and safe season! G.B.

phazer 1.jpg

That combo of blue and white is nice. It is hard to let go but you stayed within the Yamaha family. Look at it this way,the Nytro is just an overgrown Phazer. I'm sure you'll take that one as far as it can go. Enjoy!

That combo of blue and white is nice. It is hard to let go but you stayed within the Yamaha family. Look at it this way,the Nytro is just an overgrown Phazer. I'm sure you'll take that one as far as it can go. Enjoy!
Thanks Mooseman! When I was looking for a Phazer I really wanted an 09' blue and white one. Really like the color combination on the Phazer. The Nytro is my 4th Yamaha and 3rd 4 stroke. I think I am here to stay with Yamaha. I have been collecting a huge pile of parts and accessories for the Nytro over the past year. It will be pretty sweet for sure. Have fun! G.B.

Glad I still have mine, 330 miles yesterday on day 2 of the MN TY ride. My Viper decided that it didn’t want to charge so the Phazer came to the rescue! My Viper obviously had a kickback take out the gears before I bought it and someone didn’t fish all the crap out (ex-corporate Yamaha demo sled). A chunk of metal took out the Flywheel and stator but all the current gear and starter teeth are in mint condition. Probably finish the season on the Phazer, need to work some OT to buy parts for the Viper.

Glad I still have mine, 330 miles yesterday on day 2 of the MN TY ride. My Viper decided that it didn’t want to charge so the Phazer came to the rescue! My Viper obviously had a kickback take out the gears before I bought it and someone didn’t fish all the crap out (ex-corporate Yamaha demo sled). A chunk of metal took out the Flywheel and stator but all the current gear and starter teeth are in mint condition. Probably finish the season on the Phazer, need to work some OT to buy parts for the Viper.

And people wonder why I have a back up sled.. I hate to have a trip ruined.

And people wonder why I have a back up sled.. I hate to have a trip ruined.
I’m the 3rd person to use my Phazer as a backup this winter, it’s replaced 2 poos for a few rides for my buddies! I was happy when the wifey suggested I keep it for a spare (was going to anyhow)

why i bring a spare or 2 if possible on out of town rides for sure.

Newer sleds dont always mean better I guess? I would have loved to keep my Phazer as a spare or 2nd sled. Problem is that I already have too many toys and limited space to put them. G.B.

Will be anxiously awaiting your Nytro build! How will those Apex guys you ride with keep up once you have the Nytro!
Thanks cannondale! I have been able to finally do some light wrenching in the garage which has been great. I got the Phazer back together and sold. Currently working on a stereo upgrade for the Harley. When that is done I need to rebuild a jet pump on my wave runner. After finishing up these projects I can get to tearing into the Nytro. I have a large pile of new and custom parts waiting to be installed on the Nytro. It should be fun. G.B.

Back