• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Like it hit the limiter then backfire then code 26

04mx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
went for a ride today -20 sled ran fine for most of the ride then all of a sudden when I wanted to accelerate it felt like it hit the limiter so I let off , tried to go at it again same thing tried again and it let off a backfire ???
Now I have a code 26 .

Could this have caused the code

Attachments

• D7A5CF70-3CA2-4039-8E44-2FF979FF701B.jpeg
    D7A5CF70-3CA2-4039-8E44-2FF979FF701B.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 271

Yes I will try to heat them up with a hair dryer . Up stream is a little vague tho !

Yes I will try to heat them up with a hair dryer . Up stream is a little vague tho !
do you have a aftermarket exhaust without a tune? it happened to a couple of guys around here in cold weather .

Hi 04MX,

Got the exact same problem as you yesterday riding at -22C

Back firing and sled running sluggish at high rpm!

Stop the engine for 5 minutes and the code went away and the sled was fine after that!

Anybody with more ideas about this problem?

Update ... called the dealer and he said to remove and clean the electric valve with the hose going to the air box also to remove the hose from the valve to the air box and cap off the nipple on the air box and just remove the other end of the hose from the electric valve .

I put 3volts to the electric valve while blowing air in it and liquid came out !

Now sled runs fine now !

Had code 26 flashing today, called dealer and he said remove hoses and blow out lines, I did all 4 sensors and all hoses underneath those sensors and the code still flashes, dealer says run it and the code should go away! I have it sitting in my heated garage tonight will check tomorrow , I did the roll over valve mod, and block of line going to turbo and the back of air box, not sure what else to do but run it, if anyone has ideas I am all ears, thanks Doug,

Went thru water hole and water splashed up on hood and windshield, code came on 20 mins later, had some water into CAI, blew out all hose no backfire, will run tomorrow hope it goes away, won't do any harm!

Mine was the first one on the clutch side took it off and put a hose on it and blew through it while applying 3vdc to the noid , oily water came out , problem solved ( for now )

Back