• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter Strap Problem with M10

bluecanuck

Extreme
I recently put an M10 in my RX1. Everything is in but I noticed the limiter straps where rubbing on the track cogs where they were wrapped underneath the front cross shaft. I took them off and did not wrap them around the shaft and just bolted them on the top. Now they really don't look like they are doing much of anything. I am not getting excessive front end lift and the corners are fine.

Questions:

Do I need to transfer the straps from the proaction somehow?

Do I even need them at all?

The book says the correct straps from FAST are #121-5016-00
A bag in the box-o-parts I got shows the ones the guy bought previous look like Polaris Part # 5411940

Any help is much appreciated

Now that you mention it there is only 1 as the quantity in the book. Thats weird since there are two tabs / flaps that stick out for the strap to attach to on the bottom cross shaft.

I also have an M10 on my RX1. There should be a single strap on the skid. It's mounts on the right side of the forwards assembly. The ends of the strap (it's doubled over the upper shaft and comes back down) should be anchored on the bottom. The top will have a hole on each side of the strap where you run a bolt throught the strap to pinch it around the upper shaft thus keeping it from rubbing on the cogs.

sconnierider said:
I also have an M10 on my RX1. There should be a single strap on the skid. It's mounts on the right side of the forwards assembly. The ends of the strap (it's doubled over the upper shaft and comes back down) should be anchored on the bottom. The top will have a hole on each side of the strap where you run a bolt throught the strap to pinch it around the upper shaft thus keeping it from rubbing on the cogs.
That is how mine is! 1 strap in front. Same as Sconnierider.

no wrap around bottom on mine, and one strap only. my tab that mounts on the crossbar is facing up, never had a rubbing problem and it has been installed since 04, still using the original strap.

Did you buy this new or used? I have to wonder because of the dual straps. Is it an older Poo skid instead? The mounting plate issue you mentioned in your PM for the RX1, I have to undo 3 of the mounting plates screws, 2 bottom and one top so it swings down on the remaining mounting plate screw, then undo the skid from the mounting plate, then remove the last bolt from the mounting plate. I definetly have pressure on my strap, as much as I can get due to push issues on my sled.

Also if you still have colored springs, I recommend using black Plastic Dip in a spray can w/several coats. It puts a tuff but soft flexible cover on the springs so it will not break with the action of the spring.

did you get the shorter coupling blocks recommended for the RX1?

Back