• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

limiter straps

rear2high

Extreme
I checked my straps and one looked OK and the other one is soft and mushy wear the upper bolt goes through it. They are still in there stock hole. Was wondering if there is to much pull on them or are they just made out of shitty material? Going to put cat ones on and lenghthen them to maybe get a little more weight off the skis. Sled has only 1250 miles. :(

DO you still have the front shock (rear) spring all the way tight?
may be from the shitty rear shock with no rebound damping

Yes I do have the spring set to the highest setting. I think to that when a better shock is put in the rear then that front shock could be backed off some. Ive have noticed on here that others have broken the straps on the pro-active and was curious what may be the real cause.

I broke my straps on a big bump. When I first setup the sled, I readjusted them from the factory setting and I think I might have tightened the bolts too much. If the washer digs into the strap, then you setup a failure location. Be sure to lightly tighten and put the filleted side of the washer against the rubber. (All stamped steel has a filleted side and a sharper side from the shearing action)

That's my 2 cents...

Back