• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Location and tips for ECU removal

Use the person with smallest hands you know. Its under fuse/relay area in the nose. Clutch side.

remove torx screws holding the fuses down...then easier access to ecu....fyi ecu is personal to each machine with vin number...and retails around $1800 for shipping insurance

Easiest is to pop primary off. Well not sure that's easy for some.. or go in through front(lower) access panel/ same one for changing oil.
I found it easy to get out .. Going back in NOT SO MUCH.. its the big rubber band that's a issue

I take a flat screw driver and pop the clip that hold the fuse block down on each side. Next flip fuse box to the right toward harness no thats it released from the bracket. Remove the 2 torks screws that hold down fuse block bracket along with the relays and sensors. Remove the one spring clip for the vacuum line to be removed from one of the sensors and then you can push the entire sensor mess towards the motor and that allow you to reach in and pop the band off the ECU. Once the ecu is moveable you can pull the ecu up and unplug from harness.

I just removed the clamp on the l/h charge tube and pushed it out of the way then just pulled the Ecu out after unhooking the rubber strap. Took less than 2 minutes.

remove torx screws holding the fuses down...then easier access to ecu....fyi ecu is personal to each machine with vin number...and retails around $1800 for shipping insurance

Back