• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at Buying a 2009 Apex

Hi, my father is going up to look at a 2009 Yamaha apex on Tuesday night. it looks to be in mint condition, has 2000 miles, studded, saddle bags and windshield bag. He is asking 6700 for it. Does this sound like a good deal? Anything to look for when we go look at it? I would post a link to the ad, but I dont know if it is against site requirements.
Thanks

Very GOOD deal! I had a 09 Ltx Gt and had zero issues, loved the sled!

Yes that does sound like a very good deal. I saw the ad on Kijiji...sled looks good too. I wonder why so low mileage, especially for a sled in Quebec. I guess the economy is really hurting the market. The tall windshield indicates to me that the rider likely wasn't a hardcore rider and probably didn't abuse it.

He also has a 2006 Apex GT with 1500km on it.

And don,t use just the mileage shown as your guide to whether the mileage is true, or not.
The pod could have been changed for example, for one that had much lower mileage on it.
Look at the foot resting areas for ware level.
Is it a one owner sled, or has it had a couple of owners ? Has it ever been wrecked, or in an accident ? Is the track the original one ? Have a good look at the sled from the front, and from the rear. Does it sit flat and level ?
AND YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE THE VIN, AND RUN IT THRU A DEALER YOU TRUST TO SEE IF THE MILEAGE JIVES WITH SOME OF THE WORK ORDERS.
Someone on the other site bought a Polaris that was found to have 6X the mileage on it more than was showing on the clock, so be vary leery of buying sleds from Quebec.
Good luck, and let us know how you make out with the purchase.

HOMEHARDWARE65 said:
Hi, my father is going up to look at a 2009 Yamaha apex on Tuesday night. it looks to be in mint condition, has 2000 miles, studded, saddle bags and windshield bag. He is asking 6700 for it. Does this sound like a good deal? Anything to look for when we go look at it? I would post a link to the ad, but I dont know if it is against site requirements.
Thanks

Is it a Apex GT or ER ? Thats not a bad deal, take a good look at it and if you feel like its worth it make him an offer.

I have an 09 ER, bought it brand new, love it !

Back