• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for 2009 FX Nytro Long Block

Jon Carleton

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 FX-Nytro on Gyroplane
I finally got my gyroplane back in the air (it was indeed a head gasket), but the power just isn't where it should be and compression tests lead me to doubt the rings. Short term, I'll looking for another engine or long block for a 2008-2011 FX Nytro. I would consider a used engine with less than 4000 miles and compression within spec.

Is there a good source for long blocks or remans? I fully intend to repair my existing engine, but it will be a winter project (we don't fly much in winter). I'd like to get back in the air sooner than later and work on a spare engine in my spare time.

look at the guys scrapping vipers, vector and ventures as well. have you tried barn of parts?

Thanks and no...I haven't tried Barn of Parts. I am not familiar with the usual sources for Yamaha parts, since they are relatively new to the aviation industry. I am therefore thankful there is a forum such as this where I can ask my rookie questions until I get my bearings. I have already learned a lot here.

I would be able to fix you up with an engine.

Did you compression test with the bad head gasket and compare the results with the new head gasket? It is not common for these engines to need rings.

Back