• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking into the wolverine

I have a 2016 Grizzly 700 with the same motor. This last winter I noticed that it was low on oil a couple times. By spring, it would fill my shed with blue smoke when the engine was cold. I brought it to the dealer(still under warranty thank god) and waited for two months while Yamaha threw parts at it trying to figure out why it was burning oil. First they changed the valve guides and valve seals. That didn't work. So then they did a whole top end rebuilt with new valves and that did the trick. The dealer mechanic thought one of the valves was bad. Either way, it doesn't burn oil any more.

I like the machine but it hasn't had the reliability that I am used to with Yamaha products.

I got til the 14th of October so less then a month for the dealer to find out whats wrong with mine. I have been driving it and recording the miles/ hours and how much oil its using. Think im going to have to buy an extended warranty because of this mess. I posted about my issue on a facebook wolverine group. A lot of wolverine and also grizzly owners with the 708cc motor are having the same issue with oil. I don't know what the hell is going on with Yamaha . I got a 1995 wolverine 350 that doesn't even go through oil. I waited and bought a Yamaha because of how dependable they are, bu to say the least I'm very disappointed with Yamaha on this 708cc motor.

I have 540 miles on mine so far so good.Bought a 4 year warranty with mine. Hopefully if there is a problem they get it solved.

Back