• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking to over haul my 2014 SR Viper chain case

Viper bitten

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX
Any one have any suggestions on the best parts, size of gears and location to purshase all the parts required to complete the full rebuild of a 2014 SR viper XTX? Also I was considering to upgrade my track to 2 1/2”, any suggestions on the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
Matt

I'm probably going to convert to belt drive instead of chain. Just found it today and pretty excited. Uses cog belt in place of chain, requires no oil, and has 11 lbs less rotating mass.

I'm probably going to convert to belt drive instead of chain. Just found it today and pretty excited. Uses cog belt in place of chain, requires no oil, and has 11 lbs less rotating mass.
Hope you post a write up on that. Has to free up power but what about reverse?

Good question. Just found it an hour or so ago. The only time you really need reverse is when you really need it. Lol

Attachments

• 1665-tm_home_default.jpg
    1665-tm_home_default.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 149
I was excited about rotational mass reduction and gear change simplicity. Kinda forgot about reverse.....:home:

Search for $600 viper build, there is a guy who did belt drive a little while ago. I'm sure he would answer any questions you might have.

Found it and sent a message. That sled was a disaster..... But still runs after all that abuse... A testament to Yamaha!

If anyone is looking to do the belt drive swap I have a bdx shaft that is splined Yamaha clutch and cat chain case side to this.

Back