• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost mid to top end power.

Yes a white porcelain is usually lean, but... more importantly is there a smoke shadow on the ground strap.

It should be black/smokey till 1/2 way around the bend. Below half, it's lean, above, toward tip its rich.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yes a white porcelain is usually lean, but... more importantly is there a smoke shadow on the ground strap.

It should be black/smokey till 1/2 way around the bend. Below half, it's lean, above, toward tip its rich.

Not sure, as I wiped the white stuff off. I just do not think it was ever this lean. Also, how do you shim the float needle? I am going to have to run it more to check the plugs. Just not to crazy on how white they where. But then again maybe this is normal for these motors.

Run it around for a good 30 minutes at all throttle ranges & check the plugs again, even post pics.

Shimming the slide needle is done with tiny washers as the needle on these has no slots & a clip for fine tuning the midrange.

Run it around for a good 30 minutes at all throttle ranges & check the plugs again, even post pics.

Shimming the slide needle is done with tiny washers as the needle on these has no slots & a clip for fine tuning the midrange.

Thanks Catman!!! I will be going on a ride tomorrow, and take clear close ups pics of the spark plugs. What is you opinion on the fluttering, and the center spark plug having gas on the end of it, vs the other two? Note my carbs are fully cleaned, the carbs are in sync. Some one a while back said some thing about an rubber o-ring in the bowl on the carb. Just wondering why the center one had gas, and the other two spark plugs where bone dry. Thanks so muck for you help on this!!

And now my starter, or starter gear is shot. Can this day get any better? The motor was running great. So I went to start it again, and I can just hear a hum when I turn the key in start mode. Is it the starter or the starter clutch gone? So sick of this sled right now.

Try jumping it with the Battery leads on the right hand side. Maybe you battery took a poop or with all the work you did something got loosened up.

Try jumping it with the Battery leads on the right hand side. Maybe you battery took a poop or with all the work you did something got loosened up.
Ok, I will give this a try.

Just went out side, my battery has a full charge. You can spin the primary forward, but it is bound up tight if you spin it backwards. Is it the motor, or some thing seized up in the starter/ starter gear area? I am a 99% sure it has to do with the starter as the motor ran great, and then I shut it off. And now will not start.

I am having some of the same problems. Lower power in the midrange and bogging/back firing. Did you ever get your sled running perfect again? If so what was the final fix. Thanks.

I am having some of the same problems. Lower power in the midrange and bogging/back firing. Did you ever get your sled running perfect again? If so what was the final fix. Thanks.
Yep I got it fixed up. Running mint the past year years. Ended up being the black plastic caps on top of the carb. Under the black plastic caps (4 screws holding them on), there are rubber diaphragms which as to do with a needle, letting fuel or air into the motor. Well 2 out of the 3 rubber diaphragms where not seated correctly (I messed them up when I cleaned the carb) and that was my issue/ fixed the sled right up brand new again. Getting the rubber diaphragms to stay seated while you put the black plastic cover over and the screws in place was a challenge. Then I found out little dabs of grease does wonders on holding the rubber exactly in place while you screw the cover down. My guess is you might have a small tear in one of them, or it is not seated good after a carb cleaning. If you have any more question just ask

Ok, thanks for the update. While reading the thread it sounded like your sled was still running a little ruff. I have rebuilt my carbs twice and can't figure it out. My rubber diagrams look perfect and are installed correctly. I will let you know if i figure it out. Last question, when my sled is first started little specks of gas or oil not sure which come out of the exhaust and land on my tunnel. I have the mountain version. Did this ever happen with your sled?

Back