• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low end bog

Nikolai. Did you have any luck with your CO tunning? I also have an Excell header and under tunnel exhaust. I do have a slight bog, but don't know if it is worth screwing around or not. Looking at the instructions that Rotax posted, it seems that the CO is being adjusted for the 0-3000 RPM range. This is below the clutch engagement speed anyway, so does a little bog really matter a whole lot?

Hey guys reading throught this I noticed that most of you are in different locations. I know that when I rode in Idaho and the sled was stock (no rivets in the clutch and stock CO) it worked ok in Idaho. But now I am in Alaska and the same things dont work that worked in Idaho.

What I am getting at is you cant just go and set a + or - 15 just because it worked for someone else.

A quick note about the comments that the CO adjusts the 0-3000 range. There was a long post on another forum debating that the different CO settings effected different RMP ranges. C0,C1,C2. Note that this is NOT the case for stock Nytros. This is true for the High Pro Racing ECU but not the stock ECU's. The CO setting here adjusts how much fuel the injectors deliver at all RPM's. Its purpose is to adjust manufacuring differences in motors and fine tune them down to a cylinder level. Which is why the Nytro has C0,C1,C2 and the Apex also includes a C4. So in effect this is the same thing as changing your jetting. As an FYI I have mine now at +3 down from +4. After checking the plugs I noticed it was a bit rich and seemed that the top end was effected. Rode last weekend with the new setting and was very happy with the performance.

DamonJones said:
A quick note about the comments that the CO adjusts the 0-3000 range. There was a long post on another forum debating that the different CO settings effected different RMP ranges. C0,C1,C2. Note that this is NOT the case for stock Nytros. This is true for the High Pro Racing ECU but not the stock ECU's. The CO setting here adjusts how much fuel the injectors deliver at all RPM's. Its purpose is to adjust manufacuring differences in motors and fine tune them down to a cylinder level. Which is why the Nytro has C0,C1,C2 and the Apex also includes a C4. So in effect this is the same thing as changing your jetting. As an FYI I have mine now at +3 down from +4. After checking the plugs I noticed it was a bit rich and seemed that the top end was effected. Rode last weekend with the new setting and was very happy with the performance.

I changed my exhaust to an ultra q and the plugs to cr10's and the sled pops alot, acting lean..I haven't tried this co thing yet,today is the first i've heard of it. I'm at 814 ft (248 m) elevation..so i'm sure its running lean. When the screen pops up does it show current co? Thank you

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DamonJones wrote:

I changed my exhaust to an ultra q and the plugs to cr10's and the sled pops alot, acting lean..I haven't tried this co thing yet,today is the first i've heard of it. I'm at 814 ft (248 m) elevation..so i'm sure its running lean. When the screen pops up does it show current co? Thank you

so I am riding and an constant half throttle and every once and a while i will get what feels like a miss just for a second but it is pretty consistent. Would this be rich? If iwas lean it should pop on decel, right?

Well I put a MBRP exhaust on and my XTX fell on its face, poping and missing at low speeds. I changed my CO setting to -20 and it runs like a raped ape. It runs totally smooth now at idle and throughout the whole throttle.

Popping and missing should not be used as a tuner. Both Lean and Rich conditions can cause both of these. Look at your plugs. Easiest way to determine rich or lean.

Back