• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

low end hesitation & no top rpm

machz830

Newbie here....just picked up a couple 2003 rx-1's and the one has a cracked airbox....at low end it has a hesitation and also only reaches about 9500 rpm's.....can the cracked airbox cause this.......also, I changed the oil and filter on them when I got them and (on the same sled) I seen a touch of fuel dripping from one of the carbs...it looked like it was coming from a probe(connected to wire) that goes into the bottom of the carb....it's held in by a brass nut...any idea's....Thanks, Dan

ok...Thanks Turk...will replace asap....do you have any clutching idea's for a stock rx-1?...Thank you, Dan

Thanks Turk...as soon as I have the extra $$$,I'll get in touch with you..thanks again, Dan

machz830 - welcome to the site.

Do what Turk says fix the airbox, some expoxy will do fine if the crack isn't too wide. Take the carbs apart and pinpoint where the leak comes from, fix the leak or your sled may burst up in flames.

Would you mind filling in your location in your user profile, it's a site requirement.

Back