• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Snow Wheels who has them

zook

TY 4 Stroke Guru
How many of you out there have installed low snow wheels on the bend in the rail in the front. Has this helped with Hifax wear. what kit did you use??

I have also heard you could replace the wheels with a slightly bigger wheel.

An how about the plastic wheels on the top of the suspesion. I am on my second set.

i've got 2 sets up front on the bend. (got a deal) now the track barely hits the rails. put them on over the summer, so i have no feedback yet.

I got mine from Schmidt Brothers..easy to install, should help alot..my hyfax would only last 400 miles

I put yamaha ones on - also put polaris wheels on the inside and outside instead of the yamaha wheels - yes it helps - position is important - as close to the other wheels as possible

I have the Hygear smalls on bend and yes it works.Did replace one of the bearings in left wheel last year so not sure on how long they will last.Big uppers I am also on second set.Havent come up with a replacement with rubber.

woolyviper-- Do you know what the Polaris wheels came off of, Sled, Year ,Ect. Do you think that they would work without the low snow wheels ??. Do you have a pic of this ?

XT_GT Do you have any pics of your install.

low snows

I used the Yamaha ones seemed to work ok , I mounted them on the curve of the rail and on the outside like the destructions say , shouldnt they be on the inside though?

I also installed two sets. One set inside the other on the outside. Zook, I dont have any pics but if they dont work where you install them it isnt a big job to move them to a more effective spot.

I'm going to install mine on the curve right where the Hifax are warn out, on the outside of the rail. I'll give that a whirl and see what happens.

bogey's up front

Attachments

• bogeys.jpg
    bogeys.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 105
XT_GT-- Do you have the part # that you used ??I went to get some at my local dealerand they only had them for an Attack. Which will not work on the bend on the rail for the Phazer.

Did a little searching, Is this the right part # SMA8FA95-00-00 ? I found them for 69.95.

not sure on the part #. sorry threw out the package. but all i did was file the outside edges in the groove where it fits on the rail. took very little material out and fit right on.
the one by the big wheel set right on. just the fronts needed a little work.

zook said:
woolyviper-- Do you know what the Polaris wheels came off of, Sled, Year ,Ect. Do you think that they would work without the low snow wheels ??. Do you have a pic of this ?
I don't quite remember what sled, but they are 5.35 wheels with 6205 bearings - you have to take 3mm off of the end of the bracket to make them fit on the inside. I have not installed my low snow wheels until I see what the wear pattern looks like with the polaris wheels.

Attachments

• 136 phazer skid.jpg
    136 phazer skid.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 79

Back