• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Snow Wheels who has them

I just might try my brothers sled,He has an 05 Polaris , I'll rob a wheel off of it and see if it fits.

Wooly-- Did you just replace the 2 outside wheels ?? Good idea to check the pattern first before adding the low snow wheels. I would think it would be in the same place. Do you have the part # of your low snow wheel.

Who thought this could be so difficult !!!

inside wheels also. that's where you have to machine the 3mm off the bracket

Looks like these guys will make the big upper wheels for us:

Tricked-Toys
TY Advertiser
TY Advertiser

New postPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
maim wrote:
i have the slydogs and i really liked how they kept my sliders/skid full of snow all last season. we will see if i will get a 3rd season out of a set of cheapie kimpex sliders. only smelled them once last season and there was almost no lube anywhere that day.

tricked-toys, any posibility of getting some 6"-6.25' wheels made up to fit a vk540? keeps making flat spots on the wheels because they keep pluging up and freezing.

Yes, we can pretty much make any size wheel, all we need is the diameter and what bearing it takes.....

Custom Billet Wheels and other billet accessories.

www.tricked-toys.com

I am done messing around.Doing as Woolyviper did and going with bigger wheels everywhere else.In hopes that I wont need these low snow wheels.Why?Because the Low Snow wheels are absolute junk!They work to save Hyfax but dont stay together.Since last year I have replaced two bearings and now one of the wheels just fell off when bearing failed.Its gone and good riddence.All my other wheels are still fine although one of the big ones at top is starting to get slop again.

No just what is in this thread as far as I know.Will get part#'s when I do it.Will use cheapest wheels I can find of the bigger dia.It sure would be nice to get some where low snows were on bend also.

bump. How did this project go for you, cannondale27? I'm about to install low snow wheels (thinking I'll get them from Schmidt Brothers), but wondering about the big wheel alternative.

Bought 2 2009 Phazer base model machines this winter. after 650 and 850 miles both had holes worn in the left hyfax, rights about 90% worn. I hate hyfax replacements...

Oh, these machines are for rentals, so no guarantees on how they're treated. Looking for a reliable solution that goes through the winter, so we can keep the machines rented out whenever possible.

I just put new low snow wheels on with NTN bearings.Other ones were Chinese bearings.It is being researched on how the mountain sled can fit bigger wheels there.So far though no alternative for us regular Phazers.The slide rail is just too short in that area.So for now low snow wheels,bigger main wheels is best option.

So do these things fall apart or do they just back out! The left side is the one I lost and I thought it was due to the backwards spin that would back it out.

SHould I have used a bit of locktite to keep it on. The one on the left spun off sometime this season, or the end of last season. I had not even noticed. But the hyfax wore to the rail on the left side and not on the right. Of Course, wheel spin was the opposite direction on the left side and locktite would have kept it on!!

So who is the locktite expert, which one does one use to keep this bolt in aluminium? Don't they go by color?

just to update, I have about 900 miles on my hyfax and i'm still 1/8 to 3/16 from the wearline at the thinnest part (right in front of the front most wheels). I'm probably going to put my low snow wheels on the outside of the rails in that position as close the the front wheels as I can get them. it should be dialed in by then to get a full season off of hyfax - I have only ridden about 250 miles in good snow conditions, so I'm pretty please with the whole setup - as far as part numbers go, I don't know - they are 5.35 polaris wheels with 6205 bearings - I was looking at 5.25 wheels for my son's XTX, but I think I will just go with the same setup on his as I did on my Nytro. I think bigger wheels is the only solution - Slides are cheap, but in my opinion they suck to change and worn rails suck even more -

Back