• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lower ball joints

iwant1

Extreme
My dealer is replacing my ball joints on yamaha's $'s. This is a new for 09 update. Also are going to put in the cooling fan and the rear suspension link. I'm actually shocked,, I didn't even buy my sled there.

i just had mine done for the second time, new starter also, youd better get an xtended warranty cause youll need it imo

I have 3700 something miles on my sled almost 3800 I believe.

The way to check them is to suspend the the front end so the skis are off the ground (or use a floor jack to jack it up off the ground), then grab the ski just in front of the spindle and just behind it, and lift up on the ski. Watch the end of the bottom A arm where it is bolted to the spindle. If the spindle moves up and down in the A arm then the ball joints are shot. There should be no slack or play in the joints. Mine also had a meshed steel fiber looking filler coming out of the bottom of the joint. Hope this helps. Can't get pictures now as the sled is at the dealer again having these exact joints replaced.

I had read in the Nytro Forum some one had came up with a greaseable lower ball joint for the Nytro. I'm going to try and find the post and link it here if these lower ball joint setup will work for the Phazer also.

yam177 I don't think that the ball joints are the only thing that is toasted on your sled right now, given those pictures you showed us from your last race. Hope all is going well though.

I spay mine with lube before every race helps some. My sled is almost back together can't tell there was ever damage!!

Low milage used sled will be for sale at the end of the year. Driven like an old lady ;)

LOL at least when I sell it I know all the stuff has been reinforced. and anything broken has been replaced, as you know our race sleds are probably better maintained than your average sled. Everything is taken apart and cleaned and checked after every weekend I have 8-10 hours a week into checking and prepping each sled

Yes, I'd rather buy one of our race sleds then some of the junk I see being traded in at dealers. The first thing I do Monday after a race is tear the sled to the ground and check everything over. A lot of trail sleds never even see the skid removed, unless the hyfax needs changing.

i have now got a new starter and 3rd set of ball joints , i can guarantee you yamaHA didnt make any money on my sled lol

Back