• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX-LE Goggle Bag Delete

Do you think that maybe it will come with the jacket when they ship that to the spring order LE customers?
Mr Sled is looking into it. We dont know. If its heat as a issue then no. If its just the tabs and how hard they are to get in there then maybe since those could be modded.

I talked to a rep back in April and they were on the fence about if a goggle bag would be included or not then already due to heat that vent he said is essential in getting underhood heat down he didn't think they would have them

If we can't have goggle bags then they should be offering the next closest thing...Windshield bag. Not just deleting it. What good manufacture of any product just says oh sorry we changed our mind and offers nothing in it's place?

Total BS move by Yamaha on this one. Must be why they have that disclaimer specs subject to Change! Hell they certainly changed the decals on the Orange winder.. Added some grey to hide or blend the "STAND OUT to much grey" on the sides. WHY would you not just make them black?? going to look to much like a CAT!! LOL whats the diff. besides clutches?? NOTHING

Total BS move by Yamaha on this one. Must be why they have that disclaimer specs subject to Change! Hell they certainly changed the decals on the Orange winder.. Added some grey to hide or blend the "STAND OUT to much grey" on the sides. WHY would you not just make them black?? going to look to much like a CAT!! LOL whats the diff. besides clutches?? NOTHING
jon you dont like the orange graphics now? I thought they look awesome compared to proto. Really suprised you are disappointed.

Reactions: AXR
jon you dont like the orange graphics now? I thought they look awesome compared to proto. Really suprised you are disappointed.
No I would not say that, but the grey panels are just off to me.. You look at the sled and it just looks off.. Black would have popped !!!! way better.. I usually wrap my sleds anyway. I wanted Yami clutching and the orange was the ONLY color I liked at all.. SO its all good I can make it work.. FULL wrap more then likely in MATTE finish. My rant was more about changes made from pre production to production

No I would not say that, but the grey panels are just off to me.. You look at the sled and it just looks off.. Black would have popped !!!! way better.. I usually wrap my sleds anyway. I wanted Yami clutching and the orange was the ONLY color I liked at all.. SO its all good I can make it work.. FULL wrap more then likely in MATTE finish. My rant was more about changes made from pre production to production
Gotcha. I have tried to justify the changes by thinking of the opposite in how slow Yamaha was to change even the simplest things that we all knew about for years such as shock valving,slide and bushing wear etc. Cat always was quick to change and usually was for better. Does create hard feelings when the communication isn't there and it is not there. The dealers don't even see it coming. Heck the course they learn what the new sleds have isn't till November I think! The customers learn last officially. 15 on Vipers was the shock fiasco. LE lost Hi/Lo and Kashima coating. Last year it was the whole engine! If you look on the Cat forums nobody said a thing yet the same changes happened to the Cats also. Most of us who have bought spring buy sleds especially new models are willing to take the risk of changes for the reward of being first. It's like being a little kid at Christmas. Never know for sure what you are getting. Really wish everyone was happy. But I am sure all you guys will be once riding!

Was just on cats accessories site and it showed two goggle bags one for the 2017 zr9000/thunder cats and a 2nd bag for the rest of the models.
That's a positive then. If that's the case then heats not a issue just the poor fit of original. I know none of the 9000's or Thundercats I saw had them so maybe it's just that the bags are later than your sleds! Hope so.

Not available yet

Enlarge

GOGGLE HOLDER
USD$ 44.95
Item#: 7639-591
ITEM IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE

Engine heat dries goggles, masks, or gloves while you ride
NOTE: Do not leave goggles in holder for extended periods; heat may damage goggles.
FITS MODELS2017 ZR, Thundercat, XF CC, XF Crosstrek, XF High Country 9000

If we can't have goggle bags then they should be offering the next closest thing...Windshield bag. Not just deleting it. What good manufacture of any product just says oh sorry we changed our mind and offers nothing in it's place?
A la YAMAHA....

For hard rider, this bag is not good for heat anyways!

Last edited:
Interesting. Good to know there is one. Now I wonder if we are getting it.

My dealer called his rep today. He was told Yamaha is NOT providing goggle bags. However, they ARE going to do something in the future to make up for it being deleted. They just haven't decided what yet.

Back