• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lug height question

How much different would a proposed 1.5" ice ripper be from the 1.6" ice cobra that is currently on the market? I put one on my sled and wanted it for that exact reason, extra paddle and just enough stud to add safety. So far, the 1.6" ice cobra has been great.

Good luck,
The difference is the paddle stiffness of the Ripsaw( much stiffer) and the cobra is a 1 ply(?) vs the Ripsaw a 2 ply.

That makes complete sense. But having a two-ply track makes the most sense when studding right? So saving the weight may be just fine on the single ply since you won't stud an ice cobra. I debated this as well before installing.

In my case, I was installing on my Apex, so my experience may not apply. As Camso documentation states the 2.52 pitch version is not single ply. But the 2.86 pitch is. I had not realized they were different.

https://camso.co/content/files/products/PS_SM/1606_PWS_SNOW_Brochure_RGB-20_170127_114416.pdf

Cobra is OEM in some SW models. Ice Cobra on mine. So far very happy with track. Would do it again. Riding buddies call it a weapon of mass destruction because of the ice chunks it throws. My Winder will go places I would never dream of on my Attak - that is something I specifically wanted.

Back