• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Manitoba Ride 2010

Gotta remember...Nytro,s have about a 90 mile fuel range. Make that 70ish miles if your on the throttle hard!

You know, Im just a newbie and thought I would just throw my $0.02 into the pot to get some ideas going. As a Project Manager, organizing stuff like this is easy but I need some coaching from you more experienced TY veteran riders.

I have done all the trails on the east side of Lake Manitoba to Ontario border and east of Hwy 75. By the end of February I plan on doing most of the ones up to La Riviere and east of that.

I also have a GPS and will hunt down the map trails for my Garmin 60CSX. We also need people like Brian aka SRXTwins and others who have done these runs before to step in to give some ideas.

I am totally open on where we go so if someone or some of the more experienced guys want to change it, im game.

Blustar those rides sound like great bagger trips. For a bit of History. The Manitoba TY ride was based out of Beausejour for a few years then moved to LacDuBonnet. Then last year it died.

Day trips around the area upwards of 300 miles are easy to do always returning to a warm hotel with hot tub and pool for eats, drinks and a soak. Awesome way to ride and mingle with upwards of 30 people and make new friends. I know I made a few that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Members brought their wives along to ride and some brought their kids. Always returning to the same spot and the option do do shorter loops mad it easier for some. Secondly to that as well was the ability to only ride for anywhere from 1 to 5 days or the first and last.

The last year at Lac Du Bonnet was the best. Great location with easy access to trails, newer hotel with pool and tub, food was good, drinks where available.

I would love to see the ride rise from the ashes. I bought a 19ft enclosed trailer to haul my sled just for the Manitoba TY ride. Only sled I hauled to the ride was my Cat (Yami let me down with a broken driveshaft at 9,000 miles go figure LOL). Hate to let my last TY ride be on an Arctic Cat! You can all understand that right!

Now if you want to replace the Manitoba TY ride with a TY bagger ride around Manitoba. I guess it would be a 7 day for me unless I can find a place to park my truck and trailer for 5 days. Not a problem when staying and leaving from the same hotel everyday but more so when bagging it. Most Wives and kids will opt out of a 5 day bagger trip. Bagger trips really limit who shows up.

I have most if not all of the trails in the east of Manitoba in Garmin format if you are interested pm me your email addy.

I was thinking a few ops,,, the Bagger and then the Rides as well. I was very curious to see who would be interested in the Bagger as this has been a real interest of me to do something like that. However, the daily rides is defientely a must too with the returning to the "warm hotel with hot tub". My family members are defintely interested in doing those as well as we are only about 70 miles car drive from LDB or where ever we deem the central meeting point. The John Howard is nice because of its amenities such as
1-Pool
2-Hottub
3-Group meeting area (next to pool)
4- Lots of ample parking for sleds and trailers
5- Right across the street from the CoOp gas stations and convenience store
6- The main trail is groom right to the hotel

The company I work for happens to have our building right across the highway from the John Howard hotel so this is convenient for me when I come up there for a few days.

We can work on developing a number of daily rides/tours. I work for the Hydro company and I maybe able to get some guided tour of the inside of Seven Sisters or Pine Falls dams if stuff like that is of interest.

So if I have this straight Sasq,,,, we would want rides organized from 250 to 300 miles per day? Does the organizer usually make the arrangements if lunches will be setup along the way etc?

Here is an example of a good solid ride. This starts and ends at the John Howard in Lac Du Bonnet and returns. It is about 290 miles round trip with up to 13 stops

Is this what you are looking for... basically 4 or 5 of these?

I can make a daily ride 250 - 400 miles each day with color 11x17" maps for all who are riding each day. The maps will have the route, gas stops, lunch stops, etc. or whatever else you guys want on them. Heck, I can even program the GPS's and have daily files... I think LOL.

Attachments

• TY Manitoba 2009 Ride 1a.jpg
    TY Manitoba 2009 Ride 1a.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 112
The proposed bagger trip option sounds interesting. We have something similar planned around that same timeframe but with a group of six guys that includes Minnesota, Ontario, and Manitoba. In six days we will cover about 1500 miles.

If you do a bagger trip, you need to be careful about the group's size and ability to put on big miles. A group of six can cover 250-300 miles but that can be a lot more difficult as the group's size increases.

We would not be interested in a bagger trip unless it was from our home to the motel headquarters for the ride and back home again.

Back