• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Max17 First lake run....painful.

Not sure if this will help since I am on a 129" sled but for what its worth:

TD Max 17
BOV upgrade
3 bar sensor
CAI
Ultimax Belt
Super quiet muffler
Thunder products primary spring with glide washers
Thunder products secondary spring
Dalton weights 74g
Secondary clutch machined to bring into spec and very clean with fresh rollers
8800 - 9200 rpm depending on conditions.
Last long pull 124mph@10 degree F, with some left. how much? don't know but still pulling hard when i lifted.
What wrap on your secondary?

Couple punks showed up....
IMG_20230127_074509532_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Against two sleds that have decent weight transfer you definitely want to leave on yellow.

Or even better, strategize with the guy dropping his arm to drop his arm the second you move...lol

Screw that, let them take off whenever they want then drive around them. No class in cheating like that. If you can't win handily then its not worth having the win, guess that just the way I roll....

We had a Mach, a Renegade TurboR, Cat 9000 RR. 2016 Viper Turbo and a new XCR 850 out on a lake in Quebec. The Cat did just that. Waited for everyone to leave and blew by them. What was notable was the Viper ( after sending his clutch into TP for a makeover) took the Mach twice and was gaining on him the third time after a bad start. Point is no need to worry, tuned Winders and Cats are still kings, and turbo Vipers still have something to say also.

It was a joke guys.. @jtmetal is working hard to get his sled in order.
Huh?!?! I just drove thru 280miles of on/off black ice. And got rerouted from a 27 car/truck pile up on 90 in Wis.
It was just on date line with Lester Holt. No games. Lol.
As always...I tried to honestly & gently, bait those two guys into a quick race. Didn't happen.
Very knowledgeable guys. After we cut the #*$&@, thier story.... the 900r beats the boost out of the hole, then the boost comes around him.
Earthling, again to be honest, my sled leaves very hard, for what it is. Aside from someone showing up with chisels, I don't worry too much. This 280hp has me making adjustments to suspension. That will get sorted out.
You guys don't even realize I was dealing with RPM issues the whole time I got there I couldn't figure out why I'm running 71.3g at 280hp and 72g at 260. Lol. Try that one.
Someone said; "cranking up the boost was fun!" They lied...lol.

I'm like a magnet when it comes to finding fast sleds to race. I'm not sure why?! Hahaha. Ok, yes I do.

Last edited:
Huh?!?! I just drove thru 280miles of on/off black ice. And got rerouted from a 27 car/truck pile up on 90 in Wis.
As always...I tried to honestly & gently, bait those two guys into a quick race. Didn't happen.
Very knowledgeable guys. After we cut the #*$&@, thier story.... the 900r beats the boost out of the hole, then the boost comes around him.
Earthling, again to be honest, my sled leaves very hard, for what it is. Aside from someone showing up with chisels, I don't worry too much. This 280hp has me making adjustments to suspension. That will get sorted out.
You guys don't even realize I was dealing with RPM issues the whole time I got there I couldn't figure out why I'm running 71.3g at 280hp and 72g at 260. Lol. Try that one.

I'm like a magnet when it comes to finding fast sleds to race. I'm not sure why?! Hahaha. Ok, yes I do.
This is why I like to have my sleds dynoed to make sure sled is making power the tuners claim. When motor is right, then you know it’s all about your clutching and gearing!!!! My $.02……

What muffler are you running? Sled came with a ggb mountain can on it(wanted to tear my head off from the drone). I put ms17 and all parts in..rpm were 9000 with 72.5 gram area dalton. I sent my muffler to td and did there stock mod 3inch..bang the limter instantly..running 76 grams now.

Back