• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mc express 180 hp turbo kit

I dont think you'll find to many people with experience as it is just now coming out this season. That being said it looks to be a nice kit and easy install, no headshim and no intercooler i believe which will lead to very good response with a rear mount. Should be a fun kit as mcxpress kits are always dialed and very reliable.

zbob said:
Where are you guys seeing info on this ?

I´m not sure there is any info at it on the web for the moment-you have to mail or phone MCX/retailer for info. There were an discussion on a swedish forum where people made some comments about MCX lack of updated website, and the respond to that was more or less that: "Since we still are selling more than we have capacity to deliver, its not our top priority"...

However, I´m going for the MCX 240 this winter, and a couple of friends of mine is going for the 180-its going to be very interesting to compare in a couple of months!
I´ll keep you posted in the results! ;)! (How big of a difference its gonna be I mean)

As was stated above, the kit will have no headshim or intercooler. It will use a different EFI box/fuel delivery system.
The Pz turbo show with a max of 180 is not the turbo. The turbo is the same as the stock kit. The limiting factor for hp is partially the fuel delivery.

The fuel delivery is simply supplied in a different way and with a different "mcx efi box" because of the lack of secondary injectors that are in the intercooler on a standard kit.

doo_man said:
Any update? Any dealers in West Can with stock?

Yup we had one at the Yamaha booth in Calgary this weekend. Kits are beginning to ship now.
Same back end as current 240/270 kits. The diff is in the plenum/fuel controller and head shim. So you could call this a true stage 1 with easy bolt on and minimal boost. Kinda like putting on head/reeds/pipes/nos on the "blow em up specials".
Something to think about. My original RX1 with boost ran the entire 12 months on 7lbs of boost. This was back in 03 before anyone figured out we could turn it up with some god fuel. It was very fast, reliable, and faster than most. So IMO.......gonna be a great package for the guy/gal who jsut want a little more and the sound of a BOV.
Safe sleddin'
RS

Back